Are you passionate about technology and would like to join an organisation who is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions? Then bring your career and talents to CDW where you can make an impact, be inspired by our mission and be excited about your job and future.
We currently have a vacancy for a Technical Consultant based in our London office with an opportunity to work remote. The successful candidate will work with various stakeholders including Account Managers, Project Managers and Solutions Architects in designing and delivering the implementation of technological services to our clients.
We are looking for an individual with strong leadership and organisational skills with the ability to communicate and confidently liaise with stakeholders at all levels. You will work on your own initiative as well as be part of team, working towards agreed common goals.
What you’ll do: Main responsibilities
- Acts as a mentor and be a technical escalation point, providing expert-level knowledge in respect to issue resolution, standards, design, best practice, delivering quality and reference target architectures.
- Creation of technical documentation as and when required. This includes but not limited to:
- Low Level Designs
- High Level Designs
- Diagrams, BoM
- Statement of Works (SoW)
- Creation and presentation of customer facing documentation
- Involvement and running of project design workshops
- Renew/upgrade required certifications
- Work with clients on assigned projects to identify commercially viable, technical, solutions to business problems and streamlining of business process.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that assigned projects are executed and completed within agreed time, quality, scope, and costs parameters and that an appropriate level of governance is applied to maintain and manage risks, changes and issues.
- Accountable as a Technical lead on assigned projects, ensuring that solutions are adequately captured in a Statement of Work or Project Initiation Document, analysed, designed, and delivered to recognised industry or CDW best practices.
- Assist in the design of Proof-of-Concept scenarios, Type Approval activities in the CDW labs and for a client’s needs.
- Help in the creation of test type documentation and test scenarios.
- Ensures personal objectives and set KPI targets are met or exceeded.
- Analyse and evaluate existing systems, standards, documentation, and procedures and make recommendations for improvement.
- Accountable for embracing and enhancing CDW’s brand, and that of Operations and Professional Services, inside and outside of CDW.
What you need to succeed: Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Prior experience working in an IT Services organisation, IT channel, or value-added reseller.
- Technically lead from the front
- Experience in delivering complex projects, appropriate vendor certifications, technical training in core and associated skills, vendor relationships, industry awareness and attendance / participation in trade/vendor events.
- Proven commercial awareness, including sales experience and be able to protect the interests of CDW in all aspects of professional services delivery.
- Demonstrable or comprehensive knowledge and experience of technical infrastructure hardware, software, and solutions, as well as expert-level technical
- Demonstrable experience of delivery high quality services and excellence in striving for improvement.
- Demonstrable working experience or knowledge of Microsoft 365 Products, including:
- Enterprise Administrator Expert
- Information Protection Administrator Associate
- Identity and Access Administrator Associate
- Teams Administrator Associate
- Microsoft cloud solutions
- Technical design (LLD creation using our standard documentation)
- Digital Workspace (Enterprise Desktop & Mobility)
- IT modernisation
- Hybrid solutions
- Microsoft Exchange Online
- Microsoft Intune
- Microsoft 365 Security & Compliance
Nice to have:
- Quest: On Demand Migration for Active Directory.
- Quest: On Demand Migration for M365.
- Methodical and quality-minded with a right-first time approach to all work.
- Able to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound practical judgement & experience
- Able to build productive working relationships with various personnel within the team and across the teams based on respect and good rapport
- Ability to recognise when to request support
- Flexible about working hours and work locations; prepared to travel.
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies: from start-ups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.