Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
What You’ll Do
- Accountable as a lead technical resource for CDW, ensuring that solutions delivered are aligned to CDW best practice and technology roadmap.
- Support projects and programmes delivery by bringing together SMEs within Corporate IT (UK and US), and the wider technology community within CDW as the need arises.
- Perform research on current and emerging technologies to support new initiatives and projects in-flight.
- Proactively find opportunities for improvement during design process.
- Is responsible for/or assists as required with the creation of High-Level Designs (HLD) documents.
- Assist SMEs and project resources in the creation of Low-Level Design (LLD) documents.
- Operates in a technical advisory capacity on projects to provide advice and guidance on a proposed solution or assistance towards a resolution where issues have occurred.
- Acts as a mentor and technical escalation point in all areas where they are considered a subject matter expert, providing expert-level knowledge and peer-level review in respect of issue resolution, standards, design, best practice, delivering quality and reference target architectures.
- Call out risks with new initiatives / projects.
- Manages the capture of new companywide developments and initiatives and ensures their timely progress through a centralised UK pipeline and architectural review board.
- Attendance and input to project/programme closure and lesson learned meetings.
- Responsible for the administration and running of the Architecture Review Board.
- Act as the TDA for UK Corporate IT, coordinating with US peers to ensure that all corporate designs adhere to a common set of international design standards and principals.
- Proactively questions and evaluates existing systems, standards, documentation, and procedures to recommendations for improvement.
- Develop, ratify, publish and manage technical collateral to support the business in delivering quality, referenced solutions. This includes technical standards and processes, reference architectures and technology roadmaps.
- Develops, implements and maintains a strong Information Security centric focus across all CDW business areas.
- Attend Global Architectural review boards on behalf of Corporate IT and the Wider UK Organisation as required.
- Help define, modify and enhance as required the technology strategy, framework, standards and technology stack that CDW UK is to utilise across its multi discipline teams.
- Collaborating as needed with UK and Global functional peers to ensure that new UK initiatives are in line with the above and that all departments align behind a common set of goals, policies, procedures and technologies.
- Ensure new initiatives do not conflict with or are at odds with other existing or proposed initiatives.
- Support the creation of Business Case with a technical lens on qualitative / quantitative benefits, costs and requirements.
- Produce RFPs to help evaluate new applications / solutions taking into account business requirements.
- Reviews peer proposals that may be complex and involve multi-vendor and multi-technology solutions.
What You'll Bring
- Prior experience of operating as a Technical Design Authority / Solution Architect / Domain Architect responsible for solution delivery including architecture.
- Proven ability to articulate complex concepts and technology solutions in easily understandable terms and language.
- Experience of business stakeholder interaction, engagement and relationship management.
- Holds, maintains and continues to develop industry-recognised expert level technical relevance for core specialisations, plus additional skills in other areas, through prior experience from being involved in delivering complex projects, appropriate vendor certifications, technical training in core and associated skills (multi-skilled), vendor relationships, industry awareness and attendance / participation in trade/vendor events.
- Desire and proven capability to deliver quality projects/outputs and team leadership
- Is able to continually demonstrate exceptional skills in time management, planning, sales and all types of communication
- Has proven extensive commercial awareness, able to protect the interests of CDW
- Is able to continually demonstrate delivery of quality and consistency whilst delivering excellence and at the same time continuing to strive for improvement.
- Deep technical and commercial understanding of 3 of more of the following, and a general appreciation of the remainder, with exposure to defining, working with and delivering against general referenced architectures: Private and Public Cloud solutions, Hybrid Solutions, Infrastructure and converged infrastructure solutions, End User Compute and End user devices, Datacentre, Networking, Security, Cloud Application development and containers, Modern Workplace / Digital Transformation
Nice to Have
- Experience working in a Cloud-first hybrid environment
- TOGAF qualified
- Computing related Degree / Education
- Project / Programme Management experience
- ARB experience
- Experience working in a DevOps environment leveraging Infrastructure as Code, Continuous Integration, Configuration Management (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Salt), Containerisations, Network as code
- Familiarity and experience with Agile framework such as Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, LeSS
- Experience with 3rd party vendors and client management
Who We Are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What You Can Expect From Us: Culture, Coworkers, Careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.