Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
What you’ll do:
The role of the Project Manager (L2) within CDW Project Management team is responsible for delivering a high quality and professional project management and consultancy service to internal and external clients in order to support the winning of new business and the delivery of medium-large projects (which may include complex projects) of work to CDW’s delivery standards.
The role entails on behalf of a client and CDW, taking responsibility for ensuring that assigned projects are executed and completed adhering agreed time, quality, scope and costs parameters and that an appropriate level of governance is applied to maintain and manage risks, changes and issues.
Ultimately the project manager is responsible for the overall delivery success of the project. As such they will develop and maintain the project environment to support, maintaining focus, enthusiasm and momentum for each individual project.
What you need to succeed:
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Prince 2 Practitioner or APM or PMP
- Effective management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects
- Good understanding of the procurement management including negotiation, contracting with and management of third parties
- Excellent knowledge of project management methods including PRINCE2.
- Sound knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- A demonstrable track record of leading and developing teams and individuals within their responsibility
- A demonstrable track record of managing and delivering medium to large (potentially complex) projects within a commercial environment
- Effective risk management throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Experience of leading effective cross-functional teams
- Skilled at building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to respond effectively to business opportunities
- Strong client facing, commercial experience gained from working with a wide range of organisations and/or business sectors
- Experienced at successfully working with sales teams and other technical and business resources to capture clients’ requirements, consult on solutions and present commercial propositions
- Strong delivery knowledge of IT transformational projects
- Strong contract management skills with clients, 3rd party providers and sub-contractors
- Highly enthusiastic and motivated to achieve commercial, CDW, departmental, team and personal goals and targets
- Passionate about delivering excellence and a best of class service in Project Management
- Ensures knowledge, skills, creativity, integrity and judgement is applied to deliver innovative, effective, efficient services and solutions of excellent quality to clients and co-workers
- Strives to build meaningful, transparent, collaborative and long-term relationships with our clients, suppliers and coworkers where these are constructed to deliver mutually beneficial outcomes
- Dedicated to satisfying clients and coworkers requests in a responsive and professional manner, by listening to these requests, understanding them and striving to consistently exceed their needs and expectations
- Seeks to build and maintain a culture of listening, understanding and responding flexibly to clients, co-workers, and suppliers so that every contact is a personalised and positive experience
Nice to have:
- Six Sigma Green or Yellow Belt
- ITIL v4 Foundation
- Highly effective organisational and management qualities & skills with excellent influencing, communication and presentation skills
- Passionate, professional, with a positive and ‘can-do’ attitude always to inspire others, a real “Team Player”
- Communicates honestly, openly, and consistently and is always approachable, showing attention to detail and remaining calm and patient when under pressure. Socially comfortable interacting at all levels within internal and external organisations
- Has the ability to lead and develop teams and individuals within their responsibility and professionally motivate, mentor, coach and nurture others with a positive attitude and influence to ensure their team is highly motivated, quality-minded, and commercially focused
- Is responsible for remaining relevant to the needs of CDW’s clients, co-workers, Project Management and CDW and proactively seeks out training, shadowing, mentoring and other relevant learning and development opportunities to ensure that this continues to be the case
- Continually demonstrates initiative, always giving their best, and confident to lead and make decisions, improve their effectiveness and helps others do the same, acknowledging and assuming responsibility for their own actions, products, decisions and policies
- Takes responsibility for the delivery of quality and consistency in all that they do through a methodical approach and aims to get this right first time, every time
- Aims to deliver excellence and strive for continuous improvement by questioning everything and remaining constructively discontent and responding vigorously to change when needed
- Understands how to balance time, cost and quality to ensure successful outcomes for clients and CDW
- Able to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound practical judgement & experience
- Flexible about wider business needs such as and work locations; prepared to travel
- Passionate about enhancing own capabilities through learning and development and practical experience
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies: from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fuelled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.