Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
What you’ll do:
- In this role you will act as a Senior Architect within the Cyber Security Practice as well as the wider Solutions group. The role has three key areas of responsibility, which broken down by approximate split are:
- 70% - Act as a Senior Architect, using a combination of your own depth of expertise as well as the wider team to own opportunities, engage with customers and win business at enterprise-scale
- 15% - Support the development of the team and the wider department by contributing to team projects as well as helping junior team members achieve their own career aspirations
- 15% - Develop and maintain your own skills and knowledge through research, self-guided learning, lab time and formal training/accreditation
What you need to succeed:
- 5+ years’ experience in Cyber Security within a technical pre-sales capacity or similar role with experience in designing complex solutions for a range and size of customers, within different verticals
- Detailed knowledge and (if appropriate) relevant accreditations are required in the following topics from technology, marketplace and business practice perspectives:
- A great understanding of the Cyber Security Market and key areas such as Endpoint Security (EDR / MDR), Cloud Security, Secure Access (SWG / CASB) IdAM, SIEM, Data Governance, Advisory Services and Managed Security Services
- Strong capabilities with at least two top tier security vendors, such as Palo Alto, Cisco, Crowdstrike, Zscaler, Fortinet, Check Point or F5.
- Good knowledge in other security vendors such as Netskope, Mimecast, Proofpoint, CyberArk, Okta, Arctic Wolf and Microsoft
- Security Vendor Accreditations will be advantageous
- Independent and relevant certifications (such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH) are advantageous
- Commercial acumen with an awareness of the financial implications of design decisions across Capex and Opex budgets and how they affect TCO and ROI
- Previous experience in a channel presales role or similar including leveraging partner resources, incentives and teams during presales engagements
- Ability to lead customers through a Security journey that delivers tangible benefit quickly whilst maximising the scope and potential of an engagement
- Experience selling both professional and managed services
- A demonstrable track record of getting stuff done whilst managing competing pressures and deadlines and retaining an eye for detail and quality
- A passion for technology and its ability to have a positive impact on business
Nice to have:
- Self-driven, doesn’t require micro management.
- Passionate about technology and the impact it can have on business and our customers
- Articulate and credible
- Quality and detail orientated
- Positive attitude and influence to others
- Fast learner and able to adapt to new technology and keep abreast of current industry trends and practice
- Excellent communicator in all forms to key customer stakeholders
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Commercial aptitude to specify appropriate solutions.
- Able to achieve potential, stay inspired and motivated
- Desire to retain the highest levels of accreditation in the area of specialist focus
- Able to drive an individual plan based on business strategy
- Knowledge of industry frameworks such as NIST, Regulatory Compliance, Governance and standards are desired but not essential
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.