Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
What you’ll do:
Ensuring that CDW UK’s Business Strategy uses effective Technology System Architecture to achieve its goals. Driving and facilitating technology alignment to an Enterprise wide standard and Business Strategy across all departments within CDW UK and its International Offices. Managing the Product / Project / Programme pipeline associated with the Enterprise Architecture Review Board
What you need to succeed:
- Prior experience of operating as an Enterprise Architect / Technical Design Authority.
- Prior experience of operating in another technical discipline with IT i.e. Networks, Cloud, Infrastructure, Development.
- Proven ability to articulate complex concepts and technology solution in easily understandable terms and language.
- Experience of C level interaction, engagement and relationship management.
- Holds, maintains and continues to develop industry-recognised expert level technical relevance for core specialisations, plus additional skills in other areas, through prior experience from being involved in delivering complex projects, appropriate vendor certifications, technical training in core and associated skills (multi-skilled), vendor relationships, industry awareness and attendance / participation in trade/vendor events.
- Desire and proven capability to deliver quality projects/outputs and team leadership
- Is able to continually demonstrate exceptional skills in time management, planning, sales and all types of communication
- Has proven extensive commercial awareness, able to protect the interests of CDW in all aspects of professional services delivery.
- Is able to continually demonstrate delivery of quality and consistency whilst delivering excellence and at the same time continuing to strive for improvement.
- Deep technical and commercial understanding of 3 of more of the following, and a general appreciation of the remainder, with exposure to defining, working with and delivering against general referenced architectures:
- Private and Public Cloud solutions
- Hybrid Solutions
- Infrastructure and converged infrastructure solutions
- End User Compute and End user devices
- Cloud Application development and containers
- Modern Workplace / Digital Transformation
Nice to have:
- TOGAF qualified
- Computing related Degree / Education
- Project / Programme Management experience
- ARB experience
- Management experience, ideally in Professional Services / Technical capacity
- 3rd party vendor and client management
- Strong team player
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and solve effectively
- Ability to question constructively and hold a position backed up by evidence under questioning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Proven history of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Punctual and reliable
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual
- Ability to take proactive ownership
- Ability to work effetively and remain calm under pressure
- Interpersonal skills including listening, building rapport, establishing empathy whilst demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues in a calm and polite manner.
- Willingness to travel to CDW UK based sites (and Internation sites on an infrequest basis)
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.