Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
Solutions Integration team is a small team of high performing Solutions Architects, who form part of the wider 60-strong presales technical group. Its role is to:
- Lead complex, multi-technology engagements that require bridging expertise across a range of disciplines including Hybrid Infrastructure, Cloud and Workspace, Security and Managed Services to ensure the component parts of a solution come together to deliver quick, pragmatic, and cost-effective outcomes to our customers’ business problems
- Provide a light Technology Account Manager function to key accounts, acting as a trusted advisor to customers over a long period of time
- Incubate and take new initiatives to market
- Support the Sales team in breaking into high-value new accounts, demonstrating the experience, expertise and strength of opinion that proves credibility
- Provide our diverse range of customers with agnostic, industry-leading advice, and expertise to help them select the right technology solutions and make the most of them
What you’ll do
- Work with customers, salespeople, BDMs, and other architects to qualify opportunities, understand business and technical requirements and design appropriate solutions whilst maintaining accurate and up to date information in CDW’s CRM system to support sales forecast and pipeline management
- Lead small virtual teams to produce high quality documentation from solution designs and RFP responses to complex TCO models, business cases, HLDs and SoWs.
- Identify potential to expand opportunities where possible and engage and coordinate resources from other teams to support
- Support the smooth handover of projects into the delivery teams and acting as an escalation point during their life and transition into service
- Differentiate CDW through its productised services, consulting capability and expertise
- Explain and evangelise the features, benefits and technical specifications of your subject matter area and adjacent technologies, solutions, and services to internal and external audiences
- Support the continued growth of the Solutions Integration Team by assisting in recruitment, inductions, training, mentoring, shadowing, peer reviews and by providing feedback
- Build and develop strong relationships across the business, including with Sales, Professional Services, Managed Services, and the wider presales community to draw upon as the need arises. Drive the documentation and adoption of agreed standards and practices within our deployments and work to ensure a high-quality engagement for every customer
- Work with key stakeholders to continually assess technology trends and our solutions portfolio and supporting the creation, launch, marketing, and ongoing development of new propositions in response
- Proactively identify, assess, and own the development of ways to make what we do more repeatable, more profitable, and less risky by building standardised offerings, boilerplate content and packaged services.
- Cultivate strong relationships with CDW’s partner community to stay up to date with offerings and roadmaps and leverage this knowledge as an agnostic advisor to customers. Work with partners, the partner management team, and other stakeholders to support and drive strategic growth plans and meet agreed targets.
- Proactively look to upsell and integrate CDW services into solutions opportunities working with Services BDMs, Designers and Transition teams
- Assist with technical guidance on a variety of products and solutions across a range of customer sizes and types and evangelise the team’s capabilities
- Act as a trusted adviser to key customers through building knowledge of their environments.
- Attain and maintain the highest level of relevant accreditations within your SME area
- Manage the flow of incoming opportunities to help qualify, prioritise, and assign work to the team whilst ensuring a balance of customer engagements and development work
What you need to succeed
- Commercial acumen with a strong awareness of the financial implications of design decisions
- Proficiency in capturing requirements and creating designs for cross domain / multi-workstream solutions and their adoption, with a proven ability to use this to own and win complex opportunities with mid-market and enterprise customers
- Previous experience in a channel presales role or similar including leveraging partner resources, incentives, and teams during presales engagements
- Knowledge of at least one subject matter area within Hybrid infrastructure, workspace, security or cloud solutions and services
- Ability to lead customers through a change journey that delivers tangible benefit quickly whilst maximising the scope and potential of an engagement
- Experience selling both professional and managed services
- Previous management/leadership experience
- Demonstrable track record of getting stuff done whilst managing competing pressures and deadlines and retaining an eye for detail and quality
- Passion for technology and its ability to have a positive impact on business
- Relevant technical certifications within at least a single subject matter area
- Experience capturing requirements and designing solutions across multiple technology domains
Nice to have:
- Self-driven and able to achieve potential, stay inspired and motivated
- Passionate about technology and the impact it can have on business and our customers
- Articulate and excellent communicator in all forms to key customer stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail, organisation and time management skills
- Positive attitude and influence to others
- Fast learner and able to adapt to new technology and keep abreast of current industry trends and practice
- Desire to retain the highest levels of accreditation in the area of specialist focus
- Able to drive an individual plan based on business strategy
- Able to create and execute against a team plan based on business strategy
- Some level of experience managing small groups, but formal line management is not essential
Who we are
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.