Key to our ability to scale and deliver great service to customers is the introduction and maintenance of standardised services. The Research and Development team play a key role in defining and launching these services. Each service must be productised in terms of sales collateral and process, service scope, operations, automation, and pricing.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the key business and technology stakeholders
- Develop and maintain great working relationships with sales teams, services teams and third parties
- Represent CDW as an authority on product management for CDW managed services.
- Proactively attend relevant vendor events and being the “go-to” individual for your aligned products and services
- Perform (internal or external) customer research using cost-effective means of gaining insight into the "voice of the customer"
- Conduct and manage market research collectively with sales teams to define appropriate market rate pricing for new services
- Facilitate and drive alignment among key stakeholders, provide support to Business Development Managers during the sales process
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and refine business and pricing models for the product. Create cost models for services in collaboration with FP&A/Finance representatives
- Continually monitor and optimise the product while in market.
- Identify and champion toolsets that complement CDW services
- Utilise and help refine CDW standards for product design and management
Product Delivery Management
Knowledge and Experience
- Ensure the company is prepared to deliver and support the product throughout its life cycle by owning the process of definition, prototype, launch, and improvement of the products and services.
- Responsible for the creation, final release, and approval of all associated documentation required for the on-going management of assigned products.
- Act as the "keeper and communicator of the vision"
- Understand and clearly articulate the commercial proposition of each product and aspects of business justification both for CDW and the customer
- Collaborate and coordinate with other Product Managers to avoid duplication and manage dependencies
- Define and maintain a roadmap of future products and enhancements that is aligned with the overall business strategy and vendor roadmaps
- Collaborate closely with sales and delivery teams
- Define, document and oversee internal processes that support launched services
- Provide effective training and workshops for various groups including sales and services on the products which have been developed prior to launch
- Collaborate and coordinate with relevant stakeholders to manage the flow of new ideas and align product / platform architectures and capabilities
- Experience and awareness of key elements of managed services including support, monitoring, maintenance, and systems management.
- Awareness of a wide range of technologies and products including categories of Cloud (public, private and hybrid), Storage, Virtualisation, Compute, Networking, Security, Collaboration and Desktop.
- Familiarity with processes and methodologies for product management:
- Conceive / take influence and assess market opportunity
- Manage the process of detailed design with peer experts
- Sales documentation and training
- Delivery & Optimisation
The Product Manager has a desire to build great products, is passionate about creating real value for customers, and has a collaborative spirit that thrives in an enterprise-scale environment. The role sets a standard for customer-driven agile innovation; executed in close collaboration with diverse teams across the business. As such, this role requires a high degree of business acumen, technical proficiency, and people skills. Your skills and traits will include but not be limited to:
- Entrepreneurial and strategic drive: You will be driving the ‘what’ and ‘why’ of the customer or business problems that you are looking to solve. You have an appreciation of the user experience and business/commercial issues.
- Multifaceted: You are knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, user experience (UX), sales, customer support, finance, and marketing.
- Demonstrable working experience within the Cloud industry, including conceptualising, strategizing and delivering cloud solutions. You have a solid awareness of cloud technologies from providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Data-driven: Your product decisions or opportunity assessments will be backed by supporting data. You will explore the data behind a certain assumption or come up with a hypothesis on how you believe a product or feature will move the needle on a certain metric.
- Excellent communication skills: You can clearly articulate the vision and confidently communicate with all stakeholder levels: CDW, Customer, 3rd Parties and Partners - both verbal and written. You are able to identify core messages and act quickly and appropriately.
- Strong leadership skills: As a Product Manager, you will need to be able to engage and inspire others whom you have no direct managerial authority over.
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.