Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
The Product Manager has a desire to build great products, is passionate about creating real value for customers, and has a collaborative spirit that thrives in an enterprise-scale environment. The role sets a standard for customer-driven agile innovation; executed in close collaboration with diverse teams across the business. As such, this role requires a high degree of business acumen, technical proficiency, and people skills. Your skills and traits will include but not be limited to:
What you’ll do
- Establish and maintain relationships with key business and technology stakeholders
- Represent CDW as an authority on product management for CDW managed services
- Proactively attend relevant vendor events and being the “go-to” individual for your aligned products and services
- Perform customer research using cost-effective means of gaining insight into the "voice of the customer"
- Conduct and manage market research collectively with sales teams to define appropriate market rate pricing for new services
- Facilitate and drive alignment among key stakeholders, provide support to Business Development Managers during the sales process
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and refine business and pricing models for the product. Create cost models for services in collaboration with FP&A/Finance representatives
- Continually monitor and optimise the product while in market
- Identify and champion toolsets that complement CDW services
- Utilise and help refine CDW standards for product design and management
- Ensure the company is prepared to deliver and support the product throughout its life cycle by owning the process of definition, prototype, launch, and improvement of the products and services.
- Responsible for the creation, final release, and approval of all associated documentation required for the on-going management of assigned products.
- Act as the "keeper and communicator of the vision"
- Understand and clearly articulate the commercial proposition of each product and aspects of business justification both for CDW and the customer
- Collaborate and coordinate with other Product Managers to avoid duplication and manage dependencies
- Define and maintain a roadmap of future products and enhancements that is aligned with the overall business strategy and vendor roadmaps
- Collaborate closely with sales and delivery teams
- Define, document and oversee internal processes that support launched services
- Provide effective training and workshops for various groups including sales and services on the products which have been developed prior to launch
- Collaborate and coordinate with relevant stakeholders to manage the flow of new ideas and align product / platform architectures and capabilities
What you need to succeed
Nice to have:
- Experience and awareness of key elements of managed services including support, monitoring, maintenance, and systems management.
- Awareness of a wide range of technologies and products including categories of Cloud (public, private and hybrid), Storage, Virtualisation, Compute, Networking, Security, Collaboration and Desktop.
- Familiarity with processes and methodologies for product management
- Entrepreneurial and strategic drive
- Knowledge across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, user experience (UX), sales, customer support, finance, and marketing
- Demonstrable working experience within the Cloud industry, including conceptualising, strategizing and delivering cloud solutions
- Data-driven and analytical mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
Who we are
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.