Contract Negotiator at its full potential
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education, and healthcare organizations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies: from start-ups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission, and be excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers across the EMEA and APAC regions.
- CDW is not only the People Who Get IT but the People who get People.
- Our relationships are fuelled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way.
- Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together.
- At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with.
- Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW.
- Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers in a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
As a Contract Negotiator this is what you will do:
Reporting to Corporate Counsel, the Contracts Negotiator is the initial point of contact to review, edit and negotiate non-disclosure agreements (NDA’s), product and service sales agreements and global localisations, terms, and conditions of procurement solicitations (RFQ, RFP and ITT) and other legal documentation as necessary. The Contracts Negotiator is also the primary point of contact for all internal and external communication regarding the contract agreements. The role is to support sales in the acquisition and retention of clients who require written contracts to procure technology products and services as well as minimize operational and legal risk during the formation of contract agreements.
This position provides commercially minded and pragmatic legal support on a variety of matters; along with drafting, negotiating, and advising upon contracts for IT procurement, maintenance, and professional services, as well as for managed and cloud Services. The role will assist on a broad range of commercial contracts, employment matters, data protection, litigation/dispute management, real estate, corporate compliance, and others as required.
To be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of business and/or legal experience with a working
- Knowledge of general contract principles, including direct experience in the drafting and negotiation of standard contracts, terms and conditions, and other documents and forms ideally within a Technology environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Draft, edit and negotiate agreements (contracts for purchase of hardware, software, and/or services, NDAs, teaming agreements and other terms and conditions), with rising level of complexity and minimal direction, according to departmental contract negotiation guidelines and procedures.
- Coordinate the expertise of multiple internal departments into a strategic position to proceed with negotiations, minimizing risk and maximizing value to the organization.
- Utilize a contract management tracking database.
- Provide training and guidance to the sales team, peers, and other stakeholders regarding contract terms, contract review procedures, and negotiation strategies.
- Address contract related issues as they arise, with appropriate escalation to Legal Counsel and Senior Corporate Counsel, Head of UK Legal when required.
- Propose and assist with the development of tools for the enhancement of contractual processes and documentation.
- In addition to the responsibilities above, the Contract Negotiator’s core duties will also include the review of procurement solicitations (RFIs, RFBs, RFQs and RFPs) for the applicable departments
- Coordinate closely with Legal Counsel and Senior Corporate Counsel and colleagues in Canada and the U.S. to negotiate global agreements with customers, partners, and suppliers.
- Provide support to CDW UK business leaders and provide practical, business-minded advice in the development of new technology service and solution offerings to customers.
- Identify process improvements that will facilitate effectively mitigating and managing legal business risks, reduce outside counsel costs, improve quality of service, and ensure compliance with CDW’s legal requirements.
- Assist in development of best practices regarding CDW processes, procedures, and policies.
- Be flexible and dependable in daily work schedule
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
Our Contract Negotiator:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to recognize and address both business and legal opportunities and risks
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with a comprehensive command of contract terms and phrasing
- Ability to effectively articulate positions throughout negotiations and persuade others
- Ability to effectively interact, influence and gain acceptance of co-workers within different levels of the organization and within different departments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat editing tools
- Ability to formulate complex and comprehensive materials such as legal documents, authoritative reports, official publications of major scope and impact, etc., and/or to make formal presentations
- Exceptional attention to details
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed to other CDW locations, meeting, and client sites
- Proven ability to work under pressure, manage multiple assignments and priorities and produce high-quality work in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills: team player with the ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels and across business units
What we can give back to you!
CDW offers a variety of benefits, perks, and development programs that enable co-workers to perform at their best personally and professionally. CDW understands the importance of work/life harmony and strives to help our co-workers achieve it. A few of our benefits:
- CDW Saver Card- Branded pre-paid card to help save on everyday spend with store discounts.
- Counselling and Bereavement Service, Coworker Share Purchase Plan, EAP, Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted Health Club Scheme, Dental Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, Wills @Work-discounted service from a law firm.
- Discounted personal travel insurance, Pension Scheme, Life Insurance
At CDW, we continuously examine the future of work as it relates to organizations of all sizes and in all industries. We have adapted our solutions, identified new services, and evaluated products that will help any organization plan for what comes next.
We’re here to help you prepare, adapt and continue moving forward with confidence.
In short, this is the next place you want to work!
For more information, please contact Tasneem Voges via the telephone number +44 20 3868 5209 or [email protected]
Apply via the button and leave your recent CV and motivation letter.