Service Transition Manager at its full potential
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education, and healthcare organizations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies: from start-ups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission, and be excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
- CDW is not only the People Who Get IT but the People who get People.
- Our relationships are fuelled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way.
- Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together.
- At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with.
- Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW.
- Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers in a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
As a Service Transition Manager this is what you will do:
Our Service Transition Manager will be Project managing the on boarding of new or significantly changed Managed Services from point of Service Design to handover in to live Operational Service Delivery.
To be successful in this role:
- 3+ years’ experience as a Service Manager
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Prince 2 Foundation & Practitioner
- Experience of running a variety of small, medium, and large Managed Service Transitions desirable
- Previous experience of IT Managed Services Transition/take on is desirable
- Experience in a Service Delivery or Technical based role
- Experience and capability to manage multiple projects autonomously
- Commercial experience in the management of projects to budgetary constraints and where effective commercial change control has been incorporated
- Proven people management skills
- Ideally, an understanding of all the Service Delivery departmental operations, systems, processes, and structure
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge - Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio
Our Service Transition Manager:
- Providing effective and efficient handover from the Service Design phase
- Delivering all Service Transition Projects in line with CDW best practice methodology (managing risk, providing governance, quality assurance, issue resolution, reporting), where the successful implementation of new service is the primary goal
- Delivering customer and internal Service Delivery satisfaction via effective and efficient Service Transition project delivery
- Ensuring effective communication to all stakeholders (external and internal) through the lifecycle of the transition
- To interface with current incumbent suppliers exiting the customer or current internal support teams, involving agreement, planning, timelines, and expectation of deliverables
- Ensuring strict commercial change control to manage deviations from baselined Service Design
- Adhere to relevant escalation processes to manage transition risks and issues
- Managing the expenditure within the Service Transition, ensuring all costs and times are recorded against products and services delivered
- Ensuring Transition SOR is billed to recover transition revenues
- Effectively manage and update all stakeholders, incorporating all project work-streams
- Ensuring products are delivered within the Service Transition on time and meet the required level of quality
- Ensuring accurate contract entry and configuration on each Service Transition
- Reviewing the outcomes of the Service Transition Project to determine any corrective actions that could be taken to improve future delivery in terms of cost, quality, and customer satisfaction
- Providing a period of early life support and escalation during the service infancy period
- Providing an effective handover gate to Service Operations and Service Management Delivery
- Assist with tender responses for Bid Management for services relating to your assigned Services tower
What we can give back to you!
CDW offers a variety of benefits, perks, and development programs that enable co-workers to perform at their best personally and professionally. CDW understands the importance of work/life harmony and strives to help our co-workers achieve it. A few of our benefits:
- Hybrid role (working from home and in office)
- Quarterly bonus structure
- Technical certifications
- CDW Saver Card- Branded pre-paid card to help save on everyday spend with store discounts.
- Counselling and Bereavement Service, Coworker Share Purchase Plan, EAP, Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted Health Club Scheme, Dental Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, Wills @Work-discounted service from a law firm.
- Discounted personal travel insurance, Pension Scheme, Life Insurance
At CDW, we continuously examine the future of work as it relates to organizations of all sizes and in all industries. We have adapted our solutions, identified new services, and evaluated products that will help any organization plan for what comes next.
We’re here to help you prepare, adapt, and continue moving forward with confidence.
In short, this is the next place you want to work!
For more information, please contact Tasneem Voges via the telephone number +44 20 3868 5209 or [email protected]
Apply via the button and leave your recent CV and motivation letter.