Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
The Business Development Manager is an extension to Fortinet, whom is seen as a go to person and advisor to provide Support to CDWs commercial teams to generate new opportunities and increase Revenue and Profit lines of business.
What you’ll do:
- Understand and Maintain an in-depth understanding of Fortinet’s Security Portfolio and be able to communicate the to CDW’s Sales Teams and our customers.
- Develop deep understanding of product capabilities and value proposition and be able to present to customers and prospects in a highly effective manner.
- Identify new sales prospects within the existing CDW customer base; working with the Account Teams to qualify opportunities and prioritise activities.
- Identify and drive up-sell / additional product opportunities within CDW’s current install base.
- Work with the CDW sales teams to develop a sales plan for their customers
- Drive the sales process and leads to closure generating new revenue streams.
- Drive sales campaigns into target prospect base, working with CDW Sales, Partner and Marketing teams.
- Develop relationships with the Fortinet Sales teams within the UK
- Promote Fortinet campaigns, events, promotions across CDW sales
- Pipeline Management and Forecasting to senior management.
- Negotiation of sales transactions between Fortinet, CDW and our customers where required
- Achieve certifications in Fortinet Sales / Pre-Sales Competency where required
- Attend all Fortinet partner events, training
What you need to succeed:
3+ years’ experience in a sales security role or similar role with experience of understanding business and security challenges solutions within a range of customers, within the Public Sector and from Mid-market to Enterprise scale.
- A business diploma/degree is preferred although experience is also valued highly.
- A team player, able to work, collaborate and motivate within CDW
- Preferable IT background with a good understanding of Cyber Security
- Experience of selling on the phone and face to face to prospects and customers.
- The ideal candidate should be able to independently build personal visibility and credibility within the CDW sales organisation.
- Great collaboration skills and team working skills are needed to develop trusted relationships internally, as well as externally with Fortinet and Customers.
- Excellent communications skills ranging from persuasive skills on a one to one basis to presentation skills to groups
- Experience in selling Fortinet’s Security Solutions
- Commercial acumen with experience in demonstrating ROI / TCO to customers including cost modelling and business case assistance within CDW and our customers
- Ability to understand what is required at all stages of the sales cycle, from understanding the customer’s decision-making process whilst managing partner requirements (Fortinet) for sales closure.
Nice to have:
- Self-driven, doesn’t require micro management.
- Passionate about technology and the impact it can have on business and our customers
- Articulate and credible
- Quality and detail orientated
- Positive attitude and influence to others
- Fast learner and able to adapt to new technology and keep abreast of current industry trends and practice
- Excellent communicator in all forms to key customer stakeholders
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Commercial aptitude to specify appropriate solutions.
- Able to achieve potential, stay inspired and motivated
- Desire to retain the highest levels of accreditation in the area of specialist focus
- Able to drive an individual plan based on business strategy
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.