Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
The role of Technical Consultant within CDW Professional Services is to consult, design, plan and implement complex technical projects. To work closely with the Senior and Principal Technical Consultants, solutions architects, engineers and other teams as required. The Technical Consultant will also support the Sales and Solutions teams to provide the technical expertise required to close sales opportunities, and propose the current plan to better serve our customers. This will typically involve technical presentations, solution demonstrations, solution design/configuration, proposals, bid response documentation, Statement of Work creation, HLD and LLD documentation. All co-workers must be eligible for Security Clearance and adhere to CDW policies and GDPR Best practices at all times.
What you’ll do:
- Acts as a mentor and technical escalation point in all areas where they are considered a subject matter expert, providing expert-level knowledge in respect to issue resolution, standards, design, best practice, delivering quality and reference target architectures.
- Working closely with Account Managers, Project Managers, Solution Architects, Customers and other teams as required.
- Design and Deliver implementation services across a wide range of clients and technologies.
- Creation of technical documentation as and when required
- Low Level Designs
- High Level Designs
- Diagrams, BoM
- Statement of Works (SoW)
- Creation and presentation of customer facing documentation
- Involvement and running of project design workshops
- Renew/upgrade required certifications
- Works with clients on assigned projects to identify commercially viable, technical, solutions to business problems and streamlining of business process.
- On behalf of a client and CDW, takes responsibility for ensuring that assigned projects are executed and completed within agreed time, quality, scope and costs parameters and that an appropriate level of governance is applied to maintain and manage risks, changes and issues.
- Accountable as a lead technical role in one or more projects on which they are assigned, ensuring that solutions are adequately captured in a Statement of Work or Project Initiation Document, analysed, designed and delivered to recognised industry or CDW best practices.
- To assist in the design of Proof of Concept scenarios, Type Approval activities in the CDW labs and for a client’s needs
- To help in the creation of test type documentation and test scenarios.
- Ensures personal objectives and set KPI targets are met or exceeded.
- Proactively questions and evaluates existing systems, standards, documentation and procedures and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Accountable for embracing and enhancing CDW’s brand, and that of Operations and Professional Services, inside and outside of CDW.
What you need to succeed:
- Multiple Dell technical certifications
- VMware, Minimum 1 VCP, multiple VCPs and VCAPS preferable
- HPE Certs would be a bonus
- Nutanix certs would be a bonus
- Technically lead from the front
- Holds, maintains and continues to develop industry-recognised expert-level technical relevance through prior experience from being involved in delivering complex projects, appropriate vendor certifications, technical training in core and associated skills, vendor relationships, industry awareness and attendance / participation in trade/vendor events.
- Is able to continually demonstrate exceptional skills in time-management, planning, sales and all types of communication
- Has proven commercial awareness, able to protect the interests of CDW in all aspects of professional services delivery.
- Is able to continually demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and experience of technical infrastructure hardware, software and solutions, as well as expert-level technical experience in one or more relevant fields.
- Is able to continually demonstrate delivery of quality and consistency whilst delivering excellence and at the same time continuing to strive for improvement.
- Prior experience working in an IT Services organisation, IT channel, or value-added reseller.
Nice to have:
- Enthusiastic and motivated to achieve commercial, CDW, departmental, team and personal goals and targets.
- Leadership qualities with very good verbal and written communications
- Able to technically and professionally motivate, mentor, coach and nurture others.
- Positive attitude and influence to others
- Methodical and quality-minded with a right-first time approach to all work.
- Understands how to balance time, cost and quality to ensure successful outcomes for clients and CDW.
- Passionate, professional, with a ‘can-do’ attitude at all times
- Able to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound practical judgement & experience
- Able to build productive working relationships with various personnel within the team and across the teams based on respect and good rapport
- Communicates honestly, openly, and consistently well showing attention to detail and remaining calm and patient when under pressure.
- Ability to recognise when to request support
- Works on own initiative, or as a team, towards agreed common goals.
- Excellent organisational and technical team leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Open, honest and approachable at all times; socially comfortable interacting at all levels within internal and external organisations.
- Flexible about working hours and work locations; prepared to travel.
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.