Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
What you’ll do:
- Effective management of the CDW delivery team
- Recognised credibility as a Programme and Project professional SME .To act as the Lead Professional Service delivery representative with clients and suppliers. To act and be seen as the accountable delivery resource in the department to resolve/deliver complex programmes and/or projects
- Acts as a mentor and delivery escalation point in all areas where they are considered a subject matter expert, providing expert-level knowledge and peer-level review in respect of issue resolution, standards, best practice, delivering quality and client experience.
- Working closely with all external teams as required.
- Manages one or more teams of project managers/coordinators, consultants and engineers assigned to programme/projects, for the duration of delivery ensuring consistency of operations throughout the delivery.
- Accountable for embracing and enhancing CDW’s brand, and that of Operations and Program Operations, inside and outside of CDW.
- Stands in for their manager, when requested.
- Ensures personal objectives and KPI targets are met or exceeded.
- Provides thought leadership and is supportive with the management and development of P&PM members within their team.
- Develop and coach/mentor team members to improve performance (own and others) and ensure delivery of a high quality client experience.
- Develop strong working relationships and work closely with all internal teams and stakeholders as required.
- Assisting the Program Operations Leadership team in the creation, maintenance and continuous improvement of the P&PM framework, document set and governing standards.
- Help build a positive understanding of programme management throughout the organisation
- Deliver project and programme management briefings and presentations as required.
- Maintain high standards of documentation throughout the entire programme and lifecycle for use in future marketing, sales, case studies and implementation activities.
- Proactively support the implementation of department strategies and processes and the compliance to these within own team(s).
- Pro-actively identifies own training and development needs as required.
- Ensure team compliance with departmental governance processes at all times.
What you need to succeed:
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Practitioner/Advanced Practitioner – or equivalent professional qualification / standard.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams.
- Expert knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes.
- Expert understanding of business cases and benefits management/ realization.
- Expert understanding of the procurement management including negotiation, contracting with and management of third parties.
- Excellent knowledge of programme and project management methods including MSP and PRINCE2.
- Excellent knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
- A demonstrable track record of leading and developing teams and individuals within their responsibility.
- A demonstrable track record of managing and delivering complex projects and programmes within a commercial environment.
- A demonstrable track record of delivery within an MSP framework and an expert understanding of MSP principals, themes and transformational flow.
- Experience of leading effective cross-functional teams.
- Skilled at building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to respond effectively to business opportunities.
- Strong client facing, commercial experience gained from working with a wide range of organisations and/or business sectors.
- Experienced at successfully working with sales teams and other technical and business resources to capture clients’ requirements, consult on solutions and present commercial propositions.
- Strong delivery knowledge of IT transformational programmes of change.
- Strong contract management skills with clients, 3rd party providers and sub-contractors.
- Experience of identifying and implementing process / governance improvements.
Nice to have:
- Management of Value (MoV) Practitioner
- PROSCI Change Management Practitioner (or Experienced Practitioner)
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Highly effective leadership, organisational and management qualities & skills with exceptional influencing, communication and presentation skills.
- Passionate, professional, with a positive and ‘can-do’ attitude at all times to inspire others, a real “Team Player”
- Has the ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams.
- Communicates honestly, openly, and consistently and is approachable at all times, showing attention to detail and remaining calm and patient when under pressure. Socially comfortable interacting at all levels within internal and external organisations
- Has the ability to lead and develop teams and individuals within their responsibility and professionally motivate, mentor, coach and nurture others with a positive attitude and influence to ensure their team is highly motivated, quality-minded, and commercially-focused.
- Works on their own initiative, or as a team, towards agreed common goals.
- Is responsible for remaining relevant to the needs of CDW’s clients, co-workers, Program Operations and CDW and proactively seeks out training, shadowing, mentoring and other relevant learning and development opportunities to ensure that this continues to be the case.
- Continually demonstrates initiative, always giving their best, and confident to lead and make decisions, improve their effectiveness and help others do the same, acknowledging and assuming responsibility for their own actions, products, decisions and policies.
- Takes responsibility for the delivery of quality and consistency in all that they do through a methodical approach and aims to get this right first time, every time. Aims to deliver excellence and strive for continuous improvement by questioning everything and remaining constructively discontent and responding vigorously to change when needed.
- Understands how to balance time, cost and quality to ensure successful outcomes for clients and CDW.
- Able to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound practical judgement & experience
- Flexible about wider business needs such as and work locations; prepared to travel.
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.