Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
What you’ll do:
- Leading the CDW Technology Strategy – Be one of the go-to people for technology thought-leadership in CDW who represents and drives our capability. Work across CDW teams to develop a market-leading approach to designing, selling, delivering and supporting differentiated, profitable and repeatable solutions across our technology portfolio
- Mentoring and building the team – This growing team is key to our success with customers and delivering on our strategy. You should be driving the team to new standards and making sure we are aligning the team to best meet our company goals and aspirations. People management is a key part of this, as is setting a vision for the team direction and enabling them to deliver against it
- Commercial acumen – The role requires that you understand the commercial impact of the portfolio of solutions and your input to pricing tools and cost models will be essential. You will need to learn and understand how and where we are successful commercially today, and what we need to refine to continue and grow on that success
- Internal Selling - internal engagement and evangelism to the sales force & management team. This will require you to be highly visible in CDW’s offices, building and leveraging excellent working relationships with the sales teams, leaders and the management team
- Customer selling – Drive the best commercial outcome for CDW with our account managers/directors through deal management, customer engagement and following through deal to closure
- CDW Evangelist - driving and evangelising CDW capabilities to our customer base in a credible, friendly and relatable way. Differentiating CDW through its productised services, consulting capability and technology expertise.
- Internal Collaboration – maximise and leverage CDW’s investment across the teams in Integration Technology and professional services divisions. A close working relationship with the professional and managed services teams is essential to ensure we design solutions that we can both build and run for our customers. If and when any escalations occur in complex, solutions led projects, it is expected that this role will lead the solutions side to ensure a good customer outcome whilst protecting CDW commercially
- Owning opportunities and measuring success – Build on the current opportunities system to deliver a solution that offers better visibility and reporting to sales, and allows us to size and scale the team accordingly
- Client engagement - driving and evangelising CDW’s capabilities to our customer base. Differentiating us through our productised services, consulting capability, cloud and managed services
- Go-To-Market Development – Work with the team and key stakeholders across CDW to continually assess technology trends and our solutions portfolio and supporting the creation, launch, marketing and ongoing development of new propositions in response
- Partner Engagement – Cultivate strong relationships between the team and CDW’s partner community to stay up to date with offerings and roadmaps so that the team can leverage this knowledge as an agnostic advisor to customers Work with partners, the partner management team and other stakeholders to support and drive strategic growth plans and meet agreed targets.
- Driving High Standards – Development of existing documentation and standards and ensuring they are used effectively across the department. Ensuring that these artefacts are consistent with other parts of CDW – first and foremost the consultancy and managed services team
- External Brand – Use social media and other means of effective communication for self-marketing, raising awareness and profile and displaying thought leadership to build your own and CDW’s brand in the market
What you need to succeed:
- A good general understanding of all of the technology areas is desirable, along with deep skills in one or more of the key areas
- Experience of assessing requirements and defining appropriate solutions for customers
- Excellent documentation skills and approach to standardisation of documentation
- Outstanding customer facing skills - in meetings, whiteboard sessions and presenting to groups of customers
- Proven team management, development, leadership and organisational skills
Nice to have:
- Passionate about technology and its application to deliver business solutions – a desire to stay current and look forward is essential
- Confident and capable leader of a team
- Ability to own and execute a customer engagement to completion
- Ambitious, articulate, credible, pragmatic
- Quality and detail oriented
- Positive attitude and influence to others
- Excellent communicator
- Able to build key relationships with CDW sales force, the wider Integrated Technology team technical teams and client base
- Commercial aptitude to create appropriate solutions
- Able to create and drive an individual plan based on CDW capabilities
- Desire to assist and develop others
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.