Reporting to Head of U.K Legal, this position provides commercially minded and pragmatic legal support on a variety of matters; along with drafting, negotiating and advising on products and services agreements, agreements for managed and cloud services, maintenance and professional services, technology solutions procurement via frameworks and public sector contracts and agreements for supply chain and all internal procurement. The role will assist on a broad range of commercial contracts, employment matters, data protection, litigation/dispute management, real estate, corporate compliance and others as required.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Engage in all commercial contracting for the CDW UK business, including the primary operations in the UK and those in other operating subsidiaries outside the U.S. and Canada, including Dubai, Ireland, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia and South Africa.
- Provide support to CDW UK business leaders and provide practical, business-minded advice in the development of new technology service and solution offerings to customers.
- Coordinate closely with Legal Counsel and Senior Corporate Counsel and colleagues in Canada and the U.S. to negotiate global agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
- Provide legal counsel on diverse regulatory and compliance matters, including those impacting sales to government entities.
- Keep up to date with legal and regulatory developments affecting the business and provide practical training, communication, and advice to CDW UK management and co-workers regarding such developments.
- Proactively identify legal trends within the business and initiate practical solutions such as automating and using AI where possible.
- Provide legal support to the procurement tendering process, particularly with regard to large-scale complex Public Sector deals and advising on the Public Contracts Regulations 2006 and EU Public Procurement Law.
- Identify process improvements that will facilitate effectively mitigating and managing legal business risks, reduce outside counsel costs, improve quality of service and ensure compliance with CDW’s legal requirements.
- Manage outside counsel and/or assist other inside counsel with regard to commercial, regulatory, employment, corporate and litigation matters, including consultation with outside counsel and inside counsel
- regarding strategy and facts, reviewing all court/agency filings and managing discovery processes.
- Assist in development of best practices with regard to CDW processes, procedures and policies.
- Assist with special projects and other matters as needed, and assist in acquisition, divestiture and similar transactions.
- Be flexible and dependable in daily work schedule
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
- Qualified Solicitor
- 4-6 PQE
- Commercial transactional legal experience required, ideally within a Technology environment.
- Proven ability to resolve complex legal issues in a practical manner and to grasp creative/complex business ideas and express them clearly and concisely in a written product
- Previous experience of working in the IT reseller industry will be advantageous.
- Previous experience of working in a multinational company is desirable.
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and advising on TUPE clauses and risk positions would be advantageous
- Proven ability to work under pressure, manage multiple assignments and priorities and produce high-quality work in a timely manner.
- Detail focussed, well organised, and able to manage time efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player with the ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels and across business units.
- Proven ability to deliver well-organised, clear presentations in groups and in one-on-one meetings.
- Proven ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively within the legal department and across business units.
- Strong IT skills; use of document management systems; word; excel; power point.