Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
To provide cover for annual leave and sickness across multiple On-Site managed service clients. The role is a diverse role which may require lots of travel and occasionally time away from home.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver On-Site services across a wide range of clients, technologies and requirements - Adaptability to be proficient in the installation, configuration and support of the desktop environment and in addition, be able to connect and install client software for various networking platforms at various customer locations in the UK
- Capable of working independently and remotely on a wide range of products - Required to perform on site installations and troubleshooting on a wide range of products in a software or hardware environment
- Ability to follow documented procedures provided by either CDW or Customers - Ability to respond to changes in procedures even in circumstances where documentation has not been updated. Ability to make necessary changes to procedures and documentation for the benefit of the team as a whole.
- Committed to own personal development - Actively contributing to management appraisals and training. Seeking opportunities to grow and develop skill sets in accordance with own personal ambitions and organisational need
- Hardware support
- PC and Laptop imaging
- Helpdesk / Welcome desk
- Desktop support
- Printer support
- Installations, move and changes
- 1st / 2nd line support roles
What you need to succeed:
- Education - GCSE or equivalent
- Technical - CDW L2
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Server +
- CompTIA Network +
- ITIL Foundation
- Understanding the importance of business processes and compliance
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent Time management and Organisational skills.
- Flexibility – nationwide travel may be required.
- A good theoretical and practical approach to diagnosing problems.
- Ability to work independently on a wide range of products.
- Microsoft Office knowledge - Word, Excel and Outlook
- Customer support skills
- Experience of user move and changes
- Good all round understanding of hardware maintenance/break-fix
- Full and clean UK Driving Licence
Nice to have:
- Punctual, reliable and well presented
- Good organisation skills & time management
- Passionate, professional, with a ‘can-do’ attitude at all times
- Able to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound practical judgement, experience and common sense
- Able to build productive working relationships with local and remote personnel based on respect and good rapport
- Communicates honestly, openly, and consistently well showing attention to detail and remaining calm and patient when under pressure
- Possesses the physical stamina, drive, and perseverance to handle pressure well
- Willing and able to deal with problem situations on a daily basis
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.