Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
What you’ll do:
- 1st Line Support of software / Hardware related incidents
- Accurately log incidents and ensure all relevant data is captured
- Direct first hand ticket ownership
- Regularly update incidents logged on the ITSM and manage a ticket within the Customer Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Proactively keep customers informed on an incident / request status and progress
- Escalate incidents to the relevant resolver group where first time fix is not possible
- Adhering to Major Incident Management procedures
- Adapting and keeping up to date with current standard procedures.
- Proactively maintain and develop customer specific technical knowledge
- Escalate potential service / problem issues initially with the relevant management / MIM team
- Act as a role model
What you need to succeed:
- Good knowledge of IT platforms, equipment and applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Relevant Customer service skills
- Previous experience within an IT support environment
- Industry recognised qualifications in relevant area is desirable (i.e. MCP / CCNA / CompTIA)
- Experienced in supporting the following is desirable:
- Windows Operating Systems
- Cisco Telephony Systems
- Hardware troubleshooting (desktop, server, laptop)
- Application support of applications from major vendors such as Netapp, Cisco, Microsoft, etc
- Understanding of the ITIL framework and knowledge of the various associated disciplines is desirable
- Experience of working to SLAs, KPIs and to be able to accurately describe their purpose is desirable
Nice to have:
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to take ownership of incidents and progress to resolution
- Communication and interpersonal skills including listening, building rapport, establishing empathy whilst demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues in a calm and polite manner
- Ability to work under pressure and apply existing knowledge to unknown areas.
- Ability to work in a team and to support team members
- Creative troubleshooting skills and inquisitive nature
- Passionate, professional, with a ‘can-do’ attitude at all times
- Proactive thinking
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.