Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
What you’ll do:
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to a team of service desk analysts
- Line management of a team of Service Desk Analysts, Support Specialists, Technical Engineers and Supervisors
- Ensure all team members understand theirs and CDW’s expectations and deliverables of their roles
- Develop and coach team members to improve performance and delivery of service
- Identify and manage training and development needs in line with company procedures
- Ensure team have accurate and available information to support CDW’s customers
- Contribute to the maintenance and quality of the Knowledge Base
- Manage organisational change within team and department, including changes to procedures with regular comms in a timely manner
- Regular appropriate business communications to team
- Regular Team Meetings
- Bi annual appraisals, monthly one-to-ones, training and development plans
- Regular assessment of individual team member’s performance and act to address conduct/capability issues in line with CDW disciplinary procedures.
- Provide support and delivery teams with relevant information regarding service performance via meetings, telephone conferences, email or reports
- Develop, grow and maintain professional working relationships with all internal stakeholders and customer equivalents
- Attend meetings with other Team Leaders and Operational Managers as required
- Ensure company processes, procedures and contractual requirements are followed whilst maintaining high levels of customer service
- Ensure process, procedural and contractual agreements are being followed correctly by the team.
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly & Ad-hoc Management Reporting
- Point of escalation for both internal and external customers, taking ownership through to resolution
- Manage and deliver projects
- Set high quality standards and monitor as part of monthly QA, ensuring this is met via appropriate assessment methods
- Quality Assurance of Incident Management by spot checking Incidents and providing Analysts with documented feedback
- Ensure that there is continual service review and improvement of all processes and procedures
- Endeavour to provide all CDW customers with the best level of customer service and support.
- Contribute to the timely resolution of customer complaints and escalations including providing corrective actions.
- Regular Quality Assessment to ensure customer service standards and service delivery methods are understood and delivered by the team.
- Escalation point within services escalation process to provide support, input and resolutions to escalations and complaints both in and out of hours
- Maximise productivity and improve service delivery to achieve and exceed SLAs, OLAs and KPI targets
- Through monitoring and management ensure team achieve and exceed relevant SLAs, OLAs and KPI’s
- Identify and escalate any potential breach of service level or risk to CDW, where possible mitigating breach and managing to resolution
- Provide relevant stakeholders within Services with ad hoc reports
- Regular monitoring of queues and service dashboards taking appropriate actions where applicable
- Continual review of available resources required to meet service levels
- Contribution, implementation and delivering against Service Improvement Plans
What you need to succeed:
- Awareness of ITIL methodologies and best practice
- Knowledge of the working practices of the area responsible for
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Previous experience of managing a large team
- Practical experience of an external Managed Services provider
Nice to have:
- Team focused – a genuine passion for managing and leading individuals to deliver excellence through continuous development and improvement
- Patient, tolerant and supportive leader
- Team Player – ability to work as part of a team to deliver operational excellence
- Influencer – able to remain positive at all times and influence those around you
- Good relationship management skills
- Driven, motivational, professional leader, with a ‘can-do’ attitude at all times
- Outstanding communicator that can remain objective and emphatic whilst being able to deliver the message required
- Excellent proven organisational and customer service skills
- Ability to take ownership of and progress problems to resolution
- Analytical, with exceptional attention to detail
- Time management and prioritising skills to ensure delivery of service at all times
- Innovative thinking, in terms of service quality and improvements within the boundaries of CDW’s limits (resource, budgetary, legal etc.)
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers.
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fuelled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.