Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
The Migration engineer is responsible for the coordination and execution of customer public cloud billing migrations to CDW. The successful individual will be good at planning but also need to have a technical awareness and willingness to learn their way around a public cloud console to carry out pre documented tasks.
What you’ll do:
- Co-ordinate all pre, transfer and post migration elements of an Azure CSP billing transfer so that it produces a seamless implementation at all key stages
- Adhering to CDW’s delivery framework
- Communicate with the customer regarding transfer status and be the conduct for administrative and technical questions/issues
- Once all pre-requisites in place carry out the billing move using the relevant public cloud console.
- Escalate issue that are unable to be resolved to most suitable authority
- Continually review the process and apply automation where possible to ensure we can migrate customer billing promptly and effectively as this area scales
- Working closely with Account Managers, Project Managers, Solution Architects, Customers and other teams as required.
- Manage the allocated CDW delivery risks by following documented delivery, approval, and acceptance processes
- Initially Azure focused this role could also take on AWS billing migrations in the future
What you need to succeed:
- This role is split between project coordination and technical execution therefore a well organised approach and a passion for technology is key. You will need a good understanding of Public Cloud concepts, with hands on technical experience of public cloud an advantage
- With at least 2 years’ experience working in either a technical role or project management you will be happy working to ITIL and relevant project management guidelines
- A demonstrable track record of managing and delivering small-medium projects in either a project or technical role within a commercial environment
- You will also be skilled at building relationships with internal and external stakeholders to respond effectively to business opportunities
- Strong client facing, commercial experience gained from working within range of organisations and/or business sectors would be beneficial
Nice to have:
- You will be a self-driven and confident individual yet humble in approach. With an eye for detail and quality, the experience of the end customer will be key to you
- Being a Fast learner you will be able to adapt to new technology and keep abreast of current industry trends and practice.
- Finally and most importantly, you should have a track record of getting stuff done whilst managing competing pressures, tight deadlines and constrained resource
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers.
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fuelled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.