Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
CDW On-Site Engineers provide the front-line service of SEGRO’s Technology Team, comprising the equivalent of traditional 1st, 2nd and to a lesser extend 3rd line support, providing a ‘white-glove’ service to the UK largest Real Estate Investment Trust, sitting inside the FTSE 50. The role includes taking direct contacts from staff, be it ‘walk-ups’ to the SEGRO Tech Bar in both London & Slough offices, Teams messaging or calls, and via calls logged on Servicenow. The role provides the service to SEGRO’s approx. 350 staff, around half of whom are split between London & Slough, and the rest are spread across 12 European sites; from Rugby in the UK to Warsaw in Poland.
What you’ll do:
- 1st line response to user incidents, requests and queries, ensuring 100% user satisfaction supported by accurately logged and completed Servicenow tickets
- 2nd line management of incidents, requests and incidents, following SEGRO policies, processes and workflows, ensuring SLAs for each are constantly met and where possible exceeded
- Supporting the 3rd line teams by actively shadowing, asking and learning to improve knowledge and incident / problem resolution capability, thereby resolving an increasing number of 3rd line tickets. (Opportunities to learn and grow technically are available to willing and capable engineers)
- Become the “STL” (Service Technical Lead) on a number of Technology services and the “Service Technical Deputy Lead” to other STLs, taking accountability for the service performance, KPIs, problems, changes, maintenance tasks, etc., reporting into the overall Service Technical Owner within SEGRO’s Technology Team. (Opportunities to learn more about technical services and specialisms are available to willing and capable engineers)
- Escalate issues that have a potential to miss SLA and/or may provide a less than ‘white-glove’ service to the user
- Contribute to the SEGRO’s support documentation, processes and procedures.
- Participate in ad-hoc project delivery / support where possible
What you need to succeed:
- Previous experience in an on-site engineer role for professional blue-chip organisation
- Able to work on own initiative and carry out multiple assignments across departments
- Using ServiceNow for service management
- Able to quickly understand SEGRO Technology’s policies, processes, procedures and compliance
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Experience of working in a Windows 10 platform and IT Desktop environment
- Experience in Microsoft server technologies and System Centre
- Experience supporting Microsoft Teams
- Experience supporting business applications
- Strong prioritisation and practical problem-solving skills
- Approachable and able to successfully deliver an often-demanding personal workload under pressure whilst also supporting your team members
- Experience with mobile devices and device management tools
across a range of supported hardware
- Good understanding of networks and network fundamentals.
- Experience with supporting Aruba/HP switches
- Good all-round understanding of hardware maintenance / break-fix
- Data replication and a good technical understanding of backup methodologies
- Microsoft MCSA preferred
- ITIL foundation certification and preferably ITIL Service Management certified
Need to have:
- Highly professional and presentable manner
- Good organisation skills & time management
- Passionate, professional, with a ‘can-do’ attitude always
- Communicating honestly, openly, and consistently, showing attention to detail and remaining calm when under pressure
- Able to build productive working relationships with local and remote personnel based on respect and good rapport
- Able to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgement experience, and common sense
- Possesses the physical stamina, drive and perseverance to handle pressure well, willing and able to deal with problem situations daily
- Committed to own personal development, contributing to management appraisals and identifying training required
- Able to mentor and act as a role model to others and strong team work ethic. Passion for people and taking pleasure from helping other team members achieve their potential
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers.
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.