Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
We are currently seeking an experienced, capable and driven sales specialist to join our Data Centre sales team with a focus on driving the vendor across our sales, customer base. This Individual will own, cultivate and drive go-to-market strategy & engagement around the Cisco vendor portfolio aligned to the sales sector that they are covering. You will be responsible for maximising revenue growth by driving close partnerships both internally & externally and aligning vendor’s growth objectives with CDW’s. This will be supported with joint initiatives as per the agreed business plan.
What you’ll do:
- Opportunity tracking and reporting
- Manage and nurture the existing relationships. Establish new relationships within Cisco & CDW & externally within the client/prospect base
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives/KPI’s
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for the partnership between Partner and Cisco including being knowledgeable about specific technologies across Partner and Cisco solving difficult marketing, sales and enablement processes
- Proactively grow existing opportunities attaching additional architectures and driving new business working with CDW sales and Cisco Sales Teams
- Create and present sales presentations to customers, sales teams, and partners, to promote the value of the joint solution
- Assist in the development of sales collateral to promote the partnership by understanding the value of the joint solution
- Work in close partnership with the internal CDW Sales & Overlay teams to identify new opportunities, whilst driving proactive development of converged pipe/funnel
- Own the execution of the business plan against defined milestones & metrics
- Maintain and own any certifications requirements that support the vendor accreditation requirements
- Understand and promote all relevant programs and promotions to maximize the sales opportunity
What you need to succeed:
- Extensive sales, account management experience gained within the IT industry
- Knowledge of GTM Strategy & Product offerings (desired)
- Strong knowledge of Cisco inclusive of ensuring all solutions are secure
- Knowledge of Cisco Enterprise Agreements, Software driven technologies, Security and emerging/new acquisition companies Cisco have. Experience of AppDynamics and Thousand Eyes a bonus.
- Ability to drive sales through leadership
- Communication & customer management skills
- Excellent ability to communicate and build relationships
- Able to understand and articulate requirements
- Strong planning, organization and reporting skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Good general business acumen
- A high level business understanding of technology and the value propositions of Cisco
- Technical aptitude to start the solution building then to integrate with Solution Architects
- Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office or later, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Keen to learn new technologies. Understanding of IT products favourable
- High Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Understanding of data centre technology from Hypervisor down
- Understanding of technology, process & sales GTM
- Passion for Technology around new Innovation, capable to lead technology discussion without having to be the deep expert
- Aptitude to learn and utilize vendors modern sizing tools to create first phase Bill of materials
Nice to have:
- Motivated and driven with a view to develop career
- Competitive, results-oriented, assertive and determined
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing at senior management level
- Reliable, tolerant, and dependable under pressure. Able to work to deadlines
- Ability to self-motivate and work alone, but also a team-player
- Proactive person willing to find their own opportunities
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers.
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fuelled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.