Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
The role of Technical Consultant within CDW Professional Services is to consult, design, plan and implement complex technical projects. To work closely with the Principal Technical Consultants and other technical teams. The Technical Consultant will also support the Sales and Solutions teams to provide the technical expertise required to close sales opportunities and propose the current plan to better serve our customers. This will typically involve technical presentations, solution demonstrations, solution design/configuration, proposals, bid response documentation, Statement of Work creation, HLD and LLD documentation. Be eligible for Security Clearance and adhere to CDW policies and GDPR Best practices.
What you’ll do:
- Be an expert in the required Technologies for your section. Create and deliver technical presentations, solution demonstrations, solution design/configuration, and proposal development. In depth knowledge of multiple technologies is a must
- Acts as a mentor and technical escalation point in all areas where they are considered a subject matter expert, providing expert-level knowledge and peer-level review in respect of issue resolution, standards, design, best practice, delivering quality and reference target architectures
- Working closely with Account Managers, Project Managers, Solution Architects, Customers and other parts of the business as required
- Design and Deliver implementation services across a wide range of clients, technologies and requirements
- Creation of technical documentation
- Low Level Designs
- High Level Designs
- Diagrams, BoM
- Statement of Works (SoW)
- Design, implementation, migration and testing of technical solutions
- Creation and presentation of customer facing documentation
- Involvement and running of project design workshops
- Renew/upgrade required certifications
- Works with clients on assigned projects to identify commercially viable, technical, solutions to business problems and streamlining of business process
- On behalf of a client and CDW, takes responsibility for ensuring that assigned projects are executed and completed within agreed time, quality, scope and costs parameters and that an appropriate level of governance is applied to maintain and manage risks, changes and issues
- Accountable as a lead technical role in one or more projects on which they are assigned, ensuring that solutions are adequately captured in a Statement of Work or Project Initiation Document, analysed, designed and delivered to recognised industry or CDW best practices
- Manages one or more teams of consultants assigned to projects, for the duration of a project
- To assist in the design of Proof of Concept scenarios, Type Approval activities in the CDW labs and for a client’s needs
- To help in the creation of test type documentation and test scenarios
- Ensures personal objectives and set KPI targets are met or exceeded
- Proactively questions and evaluates existing systems, standards, documentation and procedures and makes recommendations for improvement
- Accountable for embracing and enhancing CDW’s brand, and that of Operations and Professional Services, inside and outside of CDW
What you need to succeed:
- Dual Cisco CCNP in Security and/or Enterprise
- Fortinet NSE5 or greater
- Checkpoint CCSE
- Palo PCNSE
- Technically lead from the front
- Proven track record and exposure with design (LLD, Costings and SoW), Implementation and Deployment of multi-vendor security solutions and network fabrics:
- Cisco SDA, DNAC, ISE and Wireless
- Catalyst Family range Switches
- Cisco ISE (802.1x, AAA, CTS)
- Cisco SecureX, AMP, FTD and Umbrella
- HPE Networking & Switching
- Aruba and Cisco Wireless
- Security exposure to Cisco Firepower, Palo Alto, Fortinet and Checkpoint
- Demonstrable experience in Cloud Security
- Thorough understanding in SD-WAN
- Holds, maintains and continues to develop industry-recognised expert-level technical relevance through prior experience from being involved in delivering complex projects, appropriate vendor certifications, technical training in core and associated skills (multi-skilled), vendor relationships, industry awareness and attendance / participation in trade/vendor events.
- Is able to continually demonstrate exceptional skills in time-management, planning, sales and all types of communication
- Has proven extensive commercial awareness, able to protect the interests of CDW in all aspects of professional services delivery.
- Is able to continually demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and experience of technical infrastructure hardware, software and solutions, as well as extensive expert-level technical experience in one or more relevant fields.
- Is able to continually demonstrate delivery of quality and consistency whilst delivering excellence and at the same time continuing to strive for improvement
- Prior experience working in an IT Services organisation, IT channel, or value-added reseller
Nice to have:
- Juniper JNCIS-SEC and/or JNCIS-ENT
- F5 201 (or demonstrable F5 experience)
- Arista ACE 3
- Aruba ACCP
- Highly enthusiastic and motivated to achieve commercial, CDW, departmental, team and personal goals and targets.
- Leadership qualities with excellent verbal and written communications
- Able to technically and professionally motivate, mentor, coach and nurture others.
- Positive attitude and influence on others
- Methodical and quality-minded with a right-first time approach to all work.
- Understands how to balance time, cost and quality to ensure successful outcomes for clients and CDW.
- Passionate, professional, with a ‘can-do’ attitude always
- Able to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound practical judgement & experience
- Able to build productive working relationships with various personnel within the team and across the teams based on respect and good rapport
- Communicates honestly, openly, and consistently showing attention to detail and remaining calm and patient when under pressure.
- Ability to recognise when to request support
- Works on own initiative, or as a team, towards agreed common goals.
- Excellent organisational and technical team leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Open, honest and approachable always; socially comfortable interacting at all levels within internal and external organisations.
- Flexible about working hours and work locations; prepared to travel.
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers.
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.