Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
CDW’s Hybrid Infrastructure (HI) Solutions team is a group of Solutions Architects and Specialists that is part of the wider Solutions presales technical group. In this senior role you will act as a Solutions Architect within the HI team as well as the wider Solutions group and a subject matter lead for modern backup and data management technologies. You will be responsible for managing your own diary and hours so how any given week ends up looking will be up to you.
What you’ll do:
- Provide our diverse range of customers with agnostic, industry-leading advice and expertise to help them select the right technology solutions and make the most of them
- Lead presales Hybrid Infrastructure opportunities across public, private and hybrid platforms from inception through to handover into delivery
- Contribute to CDW’s Hybrid Infrastructure go to market message, driving and evangelising our opinion, breadth of capability and experiences to internal teams, customers and partners
- 70% - Act as a senior architect, using a combination of your own depth of expertise as well as the wider team to own opportunities, engage with customers and win business
- 20% - Drive the development of the backup and data management business by working closely across CDW and vendor partner teams to raise awareness, create and build pipeline, develop services and drive standards and practices
- 10% - Develop and maintain your own skills and knowledge through research, self-guided learning, lab time and formal training/accreditation
- Customer Opportunities - Work with customers, salespeople and BDMs to qualify opportunities, understand business and technical requirements and design appropriate solutions using backup & data management, and adjacent technologies whilst maintaining accurate and up to date information in CDW’s CRM system to support sales forecast and pipeline management
- Documentation - Produce high quality documentation from solution designs and RFP responses to TCO models, business cases, HLDs and SoWs
- Ownership – Take ownership of complex opportunities and manage delivery across a number of architects and disciplines
- Upsell - Identify potential to expand opportunities where possible and engage and coordinate resources from other teams to support
- Handover – Support the smooth handover of projects into the delivery teams and acting as an escalation point during their life and transition into service
- CDW Evangelist - driving and evangelising CDW capabilities to our customer base in a credible, friendly and relatable way. Differentiating CDW through its productised services, consulting capability and relevant expertise
- Modern Backup Evangelist - Explain and evangelise the features, benefits and technical specifications of modern backup technologies, practices, solutions and services to internal and external audiences
- Team Growth – Support the continued growth of the HI Team by assisting in recruitment, inductions, training, mentoring, shadowing, peer reviews and by providing feedback
- Internal Collaboration – Build and develop strong relationships across the business, including with Sales, Professional Services, Managed Services and the wider presales community to draw upon as the need arises. Drive the documentation and adoption of agreed standards and practices within our deployments and work to ensure a high quality engagement for every customer
- Go-To-Market Development – Work with the team, the Practice Lead, Head of Technology Solutions and key stakeholders to continually assess technology trends and our solutions portfolio and supporting the creation, launch, marketing and ongoing development of new propositions in response
- Repeatable Solutions – Proactively identify, assess and own the development of ways to make what we do more repeatable, more profitable and less risky by building standardised offerings, boilerplate content and packaged services
- Partner Engagement – Cultivate strong relationships between with CDW’s partner community to stay up to date with offerings and roadmaps and leverage this knowledge as an agnostic advisor to customers. Work with partners, the partner management team and other stakeholders to support and drive strategic growth plans and meet agreed targets
- Commercial Acumen – The role requires that you understand the commercial impact of the proposed solutions and assist customers and CDW’s sales teams in choosing the correct solution to meet budget and expectations
- Sales Enablement - Assist CDW Sales people with technical guidance on a variety of products and solutions across a range of customer sizes and types and evangelise the team’s capabilities
- Customer Retention - Act as a trusted adviser to key customers through building knowledge of their environments
- Management Support: Support the Practice Lead by providing input into team meetings, one-to-ones, appraisals and assessments as well as providing cover for the Practice Lead where required
- Accreditation – Attain and maintain the highest level of relevant accreditations
- External Brand – Use social media and other means of effective communication for self-marketing, raising awareness and profile and displaying thought leadership to build your own and CDW’s brand in the market
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one major backup product (Commvault, NetBackup, TSM, Networker etc.) Commvault preferred.
- Demonstrable familiarity with modern backup challenges and approaches and familiarity with the vendor landscape and product offerings. (Veeam, Rubrik Cohesity, Druva, Komprise etc.)
- Experience of and familiarity with at least one public cloud platform, especially the backup and data management services.
- Thorough understanding of the challenges and key factors affecting Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity (BC) and how these are affected by modern backup and data management solutions.
- Demonstrable understanding of the difference between storage snapshots, backups, archives, DR and BC and how these interact in a hybrid environment.
- Previous experience in a channel presales role for a significant vendor, reseller or SI, including leveraging partner resources, incentives and teams during presales engagements
- Ability to lead customers through a transformation journey that delivers tangible benefit quickly whilst maximising the scope and potential of an engagement
- Commercial acumen with a strong awareness of the financial implications of design decisions across Capex and Opex budgets and how they affect TCO and ROI
- Experience selling both professional and managed services
- A demonstrable track record of getting stuff done whilst managing competing pressures and deadlines and retaining an eye for detail and quality
- A passion for technology and its ability to have a positive impact on business
- Relevant technical certifications
Nice to have:
- Good experience in one or more areas of datacentre infrastructure (compute, storage, networking, virtualisation)
- Experience of and familiarity with ITOM orchestration, automation and operations management and the related tools and platforms
- Self-driven, doesn’t require micro management
- Passionate about technology and the impact it can have on business and our customers
- Articulate and credible
- Quality and detail orientated
- Positive attitude and influence to others
- Fast learner and able to adapt to new technology and keep abreast of current industry trends and practice
- Excellent communicator in all forms to key customer stakeholders
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Commercial aptitude to specify appropriate solutions
- Able to achieve potential, stay inspired and motivated
- Desire to retain the highest levels of accreditation in the area of specialist focus
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers.
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.