Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
Work with customers to define datacentre storage and data management/protection strategies and to architect solutions to deliver them.
What you’ll do:
- Datacentre architecture subject matter expert– With a broad understanding of DC technologies including major server, storage, virtualisation and data protection solutions and a depth of expertise in storage, backup & data protection specifically, you will be responsible for working with CDW Sales teams and customers to qualify opportunities, understand requirements and define appropriate solutions
- Solution design - Production and verification of secure and complex solutions both within and outside compliance frameworks, incorporating writing proposals and high-level designs to a high standard
- Consultancy and Project Management engagement – Build and develop strong peer to peer relationships with our consultancy team. Drive the documentation and adoption of agreed standards within our deployments.
- Partner engagement – Cultivate strong relationships with CDW’s partner community to stay up to date with offerings and roadmaps and leverage this knowledge as an agnostic advisor to customers
- Commercial acumen – The role requires that you understand the commercial impact of the proposed solutions and assist customers and CDW’s sales teams in choosing the correct solution to meet budget and expectations
- Sales enablement - Assist CDW Sales people with technical guidance on a variety of products and solutions across a range of customer sizes and types and evangelise the team’s capabilities
- Customer retention - Act as a trusted adviser to customers through building knowledge of their environments
- Internal collaboration – maximise and leverage CDW’s investment in Solutions Architects, Services BDMs, ServiceWorks cloud platform, and professional services resources.
- Client engagement - driving and evangelising CDW services capabilities to our customer base. Differentiating CDW through its productised services, consulting capability and cloud expertise.
- Accreditation – Attain and maintain the highest level of relevant accreditation(s) in key areas
What you need to succeed:
- Pre-sales and/or post-sales capabilities with a focus on designing complex solutions for a range of customers, from Mid-market to Enterprise scale
- 5+ years of experience in either a channel-presales or a hands-on technical consulting/support role
- Experience of designing successfully delivered datacentre platforms, including the production of proposals, high level designs, RFP responses, PS estimates and migration strategies
- Detailed knowledge is required in modern data management and protection solutions including for example Veeam, Commvault, Veritas, Rubrik, Cohesity and Disaster Recovery solutions e.g. Zerto, Microsoft ASR, Veeam . Candidates will be expected to have current knowledge in some of these and to develop skills across the entire area in order to best advise customers
- Strong background in data storage technologies and products, NetApp and Pure storage preferred but a broad familiarity ad willingness to develop is more important. Ability to articulate trends in the storage industry, particularly with regard to hybrid operations and integration into data management and protection
- Knowledge and ideally base accreditation is highly desirable in 5 or more of the following additional technologies:
- Server Platforms (Dell, HPE, Lenovo, Cisco, IBM)
- Enterprise Storage Platforms (Del, HPE, NetApp, IBM, Pure)
- Virtualisation (Microsoft, Nutanix, KVM)
- HCI (Nutanix, VMware, Microsoft, Symplivity)
- Networking (Cisco, Aruba, Meraki, Arista)
- IaaS (Azure, AWS)
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Excellent commubnication, listening, and presentation skills
- Ability to understand what is required at all stages of the sales cycle, from understanding the customer’s decision making process whilst managing vendor requirements for sales closure
Nice to have:
- Self-driven, doesn’t require micro management.
- Passionate about technology and the impact it can have on business and our customers
- Articulate and credible
- Quality and detail orientated
- Positive attitude and influence to others
- Fast learner and able to adapt to new technology and keep abreast of current industry trends and practice
- Excellent communicator in all forms to key customer stakeholders
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Commercial aptitude to specify appropriate solutions
- Able to achieve potential, stay inspired and motivated
- Desire to retain the highest levels of accreditation in the area of specialist focus
- Able to drive an individual plan based on business strategy
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers.
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.