Our story began in 1984. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies, from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small.
Our coworkers across the globe working together to bring technology to life for our customers. We are the People Who Get IT.
We are aiming to evolve our communication strategy and develop meaningful connections across a diverse group of audiences. Joining the team as our Corporate Communications Manager, you will implement a framework for engaging with our co-workers, the media, and our partners with a purpose of enhancing our internal communication and reputation in the market through traditional and modern media channels. This role will work hand in hand with our existing marketing teams in the UK, and the corporate communications team based North America.What you'll do:
What can you bring to the table?
- Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with the CDW UK senior leadership team
- Lead internal communications strategy including (but not limited to) executive communications, co-worker services messages, retention and recruiting content, corporate initiatives
- Work with our marketing team and other stakeholders to deliver external communications strategy surrounding CDW initiatives (e.g., supplier diversity) and brand strategy – e.g assisting with nominations and preparation for the submission of industry & business awards and supporting materials
- Work in close collaboration with the marketing team to understand CDW’s brand identity and guidelines. Work with marketing on internal and external facing content to produce consistent and high quality written and visual content
- Utilise CDW’s intranet (based on Sharepoint) as a hub for disseminating information and content. Measure and drive intranet usage and value for CDW co-workers
- Draft slides, memos or scripts for senior executives to present to employees in written or spoken form
- Work with the marketing department to develop and maintain a media library
- Develop and deliver high-impact relevant content utilising CDW’s existing channels (mainly based around the M365 suite) including immersive brand experiences, visual and interactive content, written content, videos and more
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent and brand aligned across all mediums within CDW
- Collaborate and partner with global resources to ensure CDW messaging remains consistent across our multiple geographies
- Manage CDW’s existing PR agency relationships. Evaluate the market to ensure they are offering good value to CDW and review as required
- Lead public relations strategy including opportunity capture, corporate response, CDW messaging, spokesperson management, outreach plans and third-party partner management both nationally and in line with global strategy
- Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organisational perception and reputation. This would include scenario training, drafting and preparing statements in anticipation of a variety of scenarios and together with leadership/Marketing/ PR agency to support the communications strategy in the event of a crisis.
- Support services team and wider sales strategy with sales enablement material and internal training and launch plans
- Develop and execute plans with key and relevant inputs, insights and analysis and monitor progress against plan
- Work closely within the broader organization, inclusive of the marketing team, co-worker services, integrated technology solutions, PPM and sales leadership on delivery and execution
- 5+ years of experience in a corporate communications or business-to-business marketing role, ideally within the technology sector
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with previous proofreading and communications experience
- Proven analytical, organisational, and decision-making skills with demonstrated negotiation skills and influencing positive outcomes
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with customers, coworkers, management and executives
- Eager to take on new tasks/responsibilities and passion for customer experience, operational excellence and continuous development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly PowerPoint