Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
CDW’s Cloud Solutions team is a group of 7 Solutions Architects and Specialists that is part of the wider 50-strong presales technical group.
What you’ll do:
- Explain and evangelise the features, benefits and technical specifications of Azure and adjacent Microsoft Cloud and Hybrid Infrastructure technologies, solutions and services to internal and external audiences
- Work with customers to qualify opportunities, understand business and technical requirements and design appropriate solutions using Microsoft Azure technologies
- Produce high quality documentation from solution designs and RFP responses to HLDs and SoWs
- Identify opportunities to expand opportunities where possible and engage and coordinate resources from other teams to support
- Meet partners to build relationships, keep up to date with the market and help shape CDW’s opinion of current and future technology
- Meet prospective customers, presenting CDW’s breadth of capability in a credible, friendly and relatable way
- Support the smooth handover of projects into the delivery teams and acting as an escalation point during their life and transition into service
- Maintain up to date information in CDW’s internal CRM system and support sales forecast and pipeline management
- Build relationships across the business, including with Sales, Professional Services, Managed Services and the wider presales community to draw upon as the need arises
- Support the development of junior team members through shadowing, peer review and feedback
- Work with the team, the Practice Lead, R&D, Marketing and others to conceive and incubate new offerings and take them to market
What you need to succeed:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Hybrid Infrastructure solutions and their adoption, with a proven ability to use this to deliver outcomes in a mid-market setting
- Real-world knowledge of Azure IaaS services and a high-level understanding of how to position further transformation towards Containerised, PaaS and SaaS services
- Ability to lead customers through a cloud journey that delivers tangible benefit quickly whilst maximising the scope and potential of an engagement
- Commercial acumen with an awareness of the financial implications of design decisions across Capex and Opex budgets
- Experience selling both professional and managed services
- A demonstrable track record of getting stuff done whilst managing competing pressures and deadlines and retaining an eye for detail and quality
- A passion for technology and its ability to have a positive impact on business
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in a channel presales role for a Microsoft partner including leveraging partner resources, incentives and teams during presales engagements
- Hands-on experience working with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools including ARM, Bicep, Ansible and Terraform
- Relevant technical Microsoft Azure certifications including Azure Fundamentals, Azure Administrator Associate, Azure Solutions Architect Expert and Azure Security Engineer Associate
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers.
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.