CDW is committed to employment equality. If you need any adjustments to support your application or to access our facilities, please contact us.
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies: from start-ups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
CDW prides itself on being ‘People Who Get IT’ and ‘People who get People’. Our relationships are fuelled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
We are looking for a Product Owner to join our Technology and Business Systems, which is part of the Global CDW team focussing on driving the modernisation of the technology that powers our business. This is a wide-ranging and varied portfolio including HR Systems, Contractor Management, Subscription Billing, ServiceNow, RPA and much more.
In this role you will play a pivotal role as an agent for change by driving the use of technology to support and improve the way we operate. You will be responsible for incorporating the voice of the customer into the product solution, defining managing and prioritising developments to ensure they meet business and customer needs and continually searching for ways to drive business benefit using technology.
Define and own the product lifecycle for technology that support CDW’s business and strategic goals. Develop and drive the product vision, strategy and roadmap in alignment with user needs, business priorities and technology direction to ensure platforms deliver cost-effective business value.
Provide team and thought leadership for matrixed and direct reporting product teams and pro-active drive and input to increasing the maturity of the product ownership capability and lifecycle management maturity within the Technology team and wider CDW.
You will be responsible for managing your own diary and hours so how any given week ends up looking will be up to you. The job is also very varied but here are some of the things you can expect:
• Product Ownership and Strategy – Define, own and lead the implementation and ongoing operation of specific technology platforms that support CDW’s operations. Develop and drive the product vision, strategy and roadmap in alignment with user needs, business priorities and technology direction to ensure platforms deliver cost-effective business value.
• Voice of the User – Know the business strategy, build strong relationships with both end-users and business leaders and drive prioritisation of features and issues accordingly.
• Stakeholder Management in the UK – Build strong relationships with senior stakeholders across the organisation and use these to drive requirements gathering, prioritise development, support change management and capture feedback.
• International Engagement - Work closely with the US/Canada teams to leverage (where applicable) shared resource, drive best practices and ensure international technology alignment.
• Vendor Management – Own the relationship with relevant key suppliers of third-party technology solutions and consultancy. Drive technical, commercial and project standards and goals ensuring value for money and on-time delivery. Assist with issue escalation where applicable.
• Waterfall & Agile working - A good understanding of both Waterfall & Agile methodologies and how to apply the right methodology to the problem in front of you.
• Requirements Development – In partnership with Business / System Analysts and Stakeholders; identify and specify business ? technical requirements to feed into the backlog.
• Backlog Management – Own and drive the backlog of features including, analysis, prioritisation, business case creation and implementation planning.
• Release and Project Management – Ensure product releases are in place and managed to support the product functional and non-functional requirements backlog and roadmap. Create and contribute to project tasks and milestones in collaboration with Project Managers.
• Lifecycle Management – Understand and drive a product’s lifecycle and TCO. Ensure systems remain up to date, secure and that necessary upgrades are planned, tested, and delivered with minimal business impact.
• Continual Improvement – Proactively identify ways to improve systems, processes, and ways of working to drive quality, efficiency, and internal/external customer satisfaction.
• Budget Management – Prepare, obtain approval of, and manage budgets for all aspects of a product’s lifecycle.
• Systems Integration – Work closely with architects TDA’s and engineers to define integration requirements.
• Market Research – Stay updated on industry, market trends and emerging technologies to identify and capitalise on opportunities.
• Team Growth and Management – Matrix and likely direct team management responsibilities. Ensure the continued growth of the team by assisting junior members in mentoring, shadowing, peer reviews and by providing feedback and line management.
• Accreditation – Attain and maintain the appropriate level of relevant Product Ownership / Management accreditations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Nice to have:
• Experience with Ivanti ISM, Service Now, Field Services Applications, Integration tools, Microsoft ERP
Experience of B2B Supply chain, Value Add Reseller industry.
• Self-driven, doesn’t require micromanagement.
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of an established team.
• Articulate and credible.
• Quality and detail orientated.
• Positive attitude and influence on others.
• Fast learner and able to adapt to new technology and keep abreast of current industry trends and practice.
• Excellent communicator in all forms to key customer stakeholders.
• Excellent organisation and time management skills.
• Able to achieve potential, stay inspired and motivated.
• Desire to retain the highest levels of accreditation around specialist focus.
• Be genuinely excited about solving business problems
• Passionate about technology and the impact it can have on business and our customers.
CUSTOMER FOCUS AND WAYS OF WORKING