CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies: from start-ups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
CDW prides itself on being ‘People Who Get IT’ and ‘People who get People’. Our relationships are fuelled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
The Service Desk Manager is responsible for managing the IT Service Desk organisation which provides first line Incident and Request Management across all IT services. They are responsible for ensuring that all incidents and service requests are handled effectively across all channels within agreed Service Levels to deliver customer satisfaction. The Service Desk Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the strategy, standards and procedures within which the Service Desk and other related Service Desks will operate.
- Management and leadership of all aligned Service Desk Team Leaders
- Undertake regular and routine strategic planning sessions with aligned Team Leaders and teams to understand requirements and capabilities to deliver contractual SLAs. Present requirements to management for review.
- Enablement of Team Leaders to undertake their role successfully and ensure their teams can deliver against customer SLAs
- Ensure resourcing is fit for purpose
- Provide a senior level escalation point for aligned customers and internal management
- Identify service improvement areas across the Service Desk
- Work collaboratively and responsively with key stakeholders across the business
- Contactable and diligent outside of core working hours for Team Leader support and guidance
- Carry out ad hoc project work for Management
- Be responsive to and assist SDMs with service improvement requirements (customer onsite facing meetings may be required from time to time)
- Work consistently and collaboratively with counterpart Service Desk Managers to drive consistent quality across the Service Desk
- Drive professionalism across the Service Desk at all times
- Produce and deliver KPIs for aligned teams
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different asks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Conduct regular 121 meetings with direct reports, monitoring performance, supporting development, and completing the coworker life cycle process in line with CWS guidance (process TRP, IDP, PMP and another initiatives)
- Hire, develop, inspire, encourage, and retain talent, including human capital planning and position CDW as a great place to work
- Provide ongoing coaching and development to increase productivity and readiness.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of Service Desk Management preferably within an MSP
- A strong understanding of IT Service Desk principals is key
- Proven people management and leadership skills
- A good understanding of all of CDW’s Service Operational departments, systems, processes and tools is desirable
- A strong understanding of the ITIL lifecycle
- ITIL V4 Qualification desirable but not essential
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to work with all hierarchical levels
- Passionate about what they do and making a difference
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with an ability to multitask and manage multiple work streams and problems simultaneously
- Demonstrates a positive, proactive, results driven approach
- An enthusiastic individual with a passion to lead, develop and contribute
- Able to demonstrate adaptability in response to changing needs and priorities
- Tolerant and dependable under pressure. Able to work to deadlines.
- Has a professional ‘can do’ attitude and approach
- A leader who can manage and inspire CDWs core values
CUSTOMER FOCUS AND WAYS OF WORKING
- Each coworker is accountable for their actions and is required to exercise good judgment in everything they do. Part of that responsibility includes ensuring that you understand and live up to the values and standards we set for ourselves in the CDW Way, the CDW Way Code (our code of ethics and business conduct), the Information Management System (IMS), and all other policies and procedures relevant to your role.
- Each coworker has a responsibility to ask questions when they are unsure of CDW’s values, standards and policies, and to take action if they believe someone else is not acting consistently with those values, standards and policies.
- Each coworker is responsible for maintaining customer focus and for periodically reviewing the Circle of Service Philosophy and the Quality Policy to understand CDW’s commitment to excellent client service and continual improvement. Coworkers must report any customer problems, feedback, service outages, and service improvement suggestions to management.
- Each coworker is required to comply with CDW’s policies relating to Information Security and Data protection, specifically to:
- Protect all information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction & interference
- Treat the security of all information assets according to their designated information security classification
- Ensure that they only access information assets that they are authorised to do so.
- Adhere to the procedure for reporting any security weakness or event
- Commit to, and participate in, personal development of information security awareness & knowledge
- Comply with all laws and contractual obligations regarding the protection of data
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse CDW. CDW is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other status or characteristic protected by, state, or local laws.