CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada. A Fortune 500 company and member of the S&P 500 Index, CDW was founded in 1984 and employs approximately 14,600 coworkers.
CDW prides itself on being ‘People Who Get IT’ and ‘People who get People’. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and are grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together.
At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes whom you will learn and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers in a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
CDW’s Presales organisation is in place to collaborate with sales and to be responsible for delivering high value outcomes and experiences to our existing and prospective customers across a variety of technology growth pillars including Hybrid Platforms, Modern Workspace, Security and Digital Enablement.
The Presales function is made up predominantly of Business Development professionals (sales specialists) and various levels of Solution Architects (presales technical resource).
This Individual will assist in cultivating our go-to-market sales motion & engagement around the CDW services catalogue and complimentary partner and vendor services
The role is responsible for working alongside the wider team to maximize revenue growth by driving close partnerships both internally & externally and aligning to CDW’s services growth objectives. This will be supported with joint initiatives as per the agreed business plan.
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships with CDW, customer and partner stakeholders (where relevant)
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and successfully achieve objectives/KPI’s.
- Build and work in close partnership with the internal CDW Sales and Presales teams to identify new opportunities and generate a growing pipeline.
- Create and execute on proactive sales initiatives.
- Maintain and own any certifications requirements that support the vendor accreditation requirements (where relevant and required)
- Understand and promote all relevant programs and promotions to maximize the sales opportunity.
- Manage and own personal and vendor pipeline and forecast
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable track record of a consistent and successful sales performance
- Excellent interpersonal skills (articulate and engaging) Experience in building positive working relationships with internal and external customer.
- Extensive internal sales/account management experience gained within the IT industry.
- Ability to drive sales with support from the Business Development Manager
- Communication & customer management skills.
- Strong planning, organization and reporting skills.
- Good general business acumen.
- Highly ambitious, credible, motivated, and accountable individual with an appreciation for building meaningful and lasting relationships.
- Detail-oriented with strong time management skills combined with the capacity to lead and work on multiple initiatives, as well as dynamically prioritise and pivot based on changing business needs
- Outstanding communications skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely present concepts and recommendations in verbal, written, and presentation formats to customers, senior leaders, and cross-functional audiences
- High levels of industry-related knowledge with an insatiable thirst for new information relevant to the market
- Prepared for occasional travel between CDW UK & International offices as the role requires whilst maintaining a suitable home life balance
- Ability to allocate time to undertake personal development activities such as attending training, achieving certifications, and focusing on soft-skill development – always seeking to personally develop as an individual
CUSTOMER FOCUS AND WAYS OF WORKING
- Each coworker is accountable for their actions and is required to exercise good judgment in everything they do. Part of that responsibility includes ensuring that you understand and live up to the values and standards we set for ourselves in the CDW Way, the CDW Way Code (our code of ethics and business conduct), the Information Management System (IMS), and all other policies and procedures relevant to your role.
- Each coworker has a responsibility to ask questions when they are unsure of CDW’s values, standards, and policies, and to act if they believe someone else is not acting consistently with those values, standards, and policies.
- Each coworker is responsible for maintaining customer focus and for periodically reviewing the Circle of Service Philosophy and the Quality Policy to understand CDW’s commitment to excellent client service and continual improvement. Coworkers must report any customer problems, feedback, service outages, and service improvement suggestions to management.
- Each coworker is required to comply with CDW’s policies relating to Information Security and Data protection, specifically to:
o Protect all information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction & interference
o Treat the security of all information assets according to their designated information security classification
o Ensure that they only access information assets that they are authorised to do so.
o Adhere to the procedure for reporting any security weakness or event
o Commit to, and participate in, personal development of information security awareness & knowledge
- Comply with all laws and contractual obligations regarding the protection of data