Description ABOUT CDW
CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada. A Fortune 500 company and member of the S&P 500 Index, CDW was founded in 1984 and employs approximately 14,600 coworkers.
CDW prides itself on being ‘People Who Get IT’ and ‘People who get People’. Our relationships are fuelled by our deep expertise and are grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together.
At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes whom you will learn and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers in a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
Responsible for leading CDW’s Hybrid Platform presales team which sits within the Integrated Technology Solutions (ITS) organisation. This strategic leadership role will (predominantly) have leaders and managers as direct reports and will be responsible (alongside the Head of Presales) for setting and managing the standards, directional plans and continuously driving improvement into the team for future business, team and personal growth. The Hybrid Platform team is made up of Solution Specialists and Architects, Sales Specialists and supporting roles with a primary goal of delivering exceptional business outcomes for our customers through the sale and delivery of market leading products and value-added solutions and services.
The primary objectives of this role are:
- To deliver exceptional internal and external customer experiences and outcomes within the Hybrid Platform portfolio and wider presales organisation whilst also driving a profitable outcome for CDW
- To clearly define (alongside the office of the CTO) the Hybrid Platform go to market, which technology areas we focus on and how we continue to manage and grow a positive P&L within this team
- To work in partnership with various internal business units, supporting initiatives that drive improvements to the way we operate through process and platform, always demonstrating balanced flexibility and a passion to engage
- Provide success against revenue and GP targets relating to Hybrid Platforms such as Cloud, Data Centre etc
- To create and evolve learning and development programmes (in collaboration with other business units) ensuring co-workers are continuing to develop individually and in line with business objectives
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Build the UK’s best Hybrid Platform presales business by leading and developing this growth pillar (consisting of on-prem, private and hyperscale platforms, networking, data protection and lifecycle management and surrounding technologies that provide the foundations for businesses to deliver their services)
- Proactively drive exceptional and consistent customer and seller experiences innovating our delivery model, drive increased opportunity win rates and customer up/cross sell through progressive and credible presales expertise – Always seeking to ‘raise the bar’
- Create and execute on a business plan which is aligned to CDW’s business strategy and delivers profitable outcomes
- Be confident and comfortable running a P&L aligned to annual business objectives
- Continue to evolve the business unit to ensure relevance and forward thinking – never standing still
- Proactively engage with sales leadership, sellers, and the wider business to assess and support opportunities in various stages of flight (pre-sales through delivery) considering resource requirements and constraints
- Develop market insights and competitive intelligence in collaboration with the Presales leadership team, Office of the CTO, Partner Management, Marketing and Sales teams that aid in the development and success of the Hybrid Platform team
- Host, attend and participate in internal, customer or partner events to showcase CDW’s capability
- Continuously assess and develop the existing Hybrid Platform team and recruit the best talent into the team to drive towards CDW’s Mission Forward strategic objectives as well as always striving to improve standards
- Drive deliberate and exceptional collaboration across all presales business units delivering broad business outcomes for our customers
- Proven successful experience in the Information Technology market with demonstrable experience working in a leadership position as well as a track record of developing teams and individuals
- Proven C-level interaction, engagement and relationship management
- Demonstrable track record of driving revenue and profit growth, managing cost, and attracting, retaining, and developing talent
- Strong understanding and experience of the procurement lifecycle including negotiation, contracting, and the management of third parties
- Experience in building internal departmental brand and engaging with multiple internal business units
- Professional certifications (desirable) such as Sales, Business Administration or Leadership & Management qualifications
CUSTOMER FOCUS AND WAYS OF WORKING
- Highly ambitious, credible, motivated, and accountable individual with an appreciation for building meaningful and lasting relationships, combined with a desire and ability to “win hearts and minds” - Confident yet humble in their approach
- Detail-oriented with strong time management skills combined with the capacity to lead and work on multiple initiatives, as well as dynamically prioritise and pivot based on changing business needs
- Outstanding communications skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely present concepts and recommendations in verbal, written, and presentation formats to customers, senior leaders, and cross-functional audiences
- High levels of industry-related knowledge with an insatiable thirst for new information relevant to the market
- Prepared for occasional travel between CDW UK & International offices as the role requires whilst maintaining a suitable home life balance
- Ability to allocate time to undertake personal development activities such as attending training, achieving certifications, and focusing on soft-skill development – always seeking to personally develop as an individual
- Each coworker is accountable for their actions and is required to exercise good judgment in everything they do. Part of that responsibility includes ensuring that you understand and live up to the values and standards we set for ourselves in the CDW Way, the CDW Way Code (our code of ethics and business conduct), the Information Management System (IMS), and all other policies and procedures relevant to your role.
- Each coworker has a responsibility to ask questions when they are unsure of CDW’s values, standards, and policies, and to act if they believe someone else is not acting consistently with those values, standards, and policies.
- Each coworker is responsible for maintaining customer focus and for periodically reviewing the Circle of Service Philosophy and the Quality Policy to understand CDW’s commitment to excellent client service and continual improvement. Coworkers must report any customer problems, feedback, service outages, and service improvement suggestions to management.
- Each coworker is required to comply with CDW’s policies relating to Information Security and Data protection, specifically to:
- Protect all information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction & interference
- Treat the security of all information assets according to their designated information security classification
- Ensure that they only access information assets that they are authorised to do so.
- Adhere to the procedure for reporting any security weakness or event
- Commit to, and participate in, personal development of information security awareness & knowledge
- Comply with all laws and contractual obligations regarding the protection of data