CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada. A Fortune 500 company and member of the S&P 500 Index, CDW was founded in 1984 and employs approximately 14,600 coworkers.
CDW prides itself on being ‘People Who Get IT’ and ‘People who get People’. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and are grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together.
At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes whom you will learn and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers in a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
We are currently seeking an experienced, capable, and driven sales specialist to join our Data Centre sales team with a focus on the Dell EMC portfolio. This Individual will own, cultivate and drive go-to-market strategy & engagement around the Dell EMC portfolio.
You will be responsible for maximizing revenue growth by driving close partnerships both internally & externally and aligning the Dell EMC growth objectives with CDW’s. This will be supported with joint initiatives as per the agreed business pla
- Manage and nurture the existing relationships. Establish new relationships within Dell EMC & CDW and externally within the client/prospect base.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives/KPI’s.
- Work in close partnership with the internal CDW Sales & overlay teams to identify new opportunities. Whilst driving proactive development of pipe/funnel.
- Support the execution of the business plan against defined milestones & metrics.
- Maintain and own any certifications requirements that support the vendor accreditation requirements.
- Understand and promote all relevant programs and promotions to maximize the sales opportunity.
Knowlede & Experience
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of a successful sales career, consistent track record of high performance and be capable to lead executive engagements.
You will have strong interpersonal and management skills and a proven track record in building relationships. You will have the ability to deliver sales results through management, along with:
- Extensive sales, account management experience gained within the IT industry.
- Knowledge of Dell EMC & portfolio mandatory
- Knowledge of VMware portfolio desirable
- Knowledge of emerging technology vendors desirable
- Ability to drive sales through leadership.
- Communication & customer management skills
- Excellent ability to communicate and build relationships.
- Able to understand and articulate requirements.
- Strong planning, organization and reporting skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Good general business acumen.
- A high level business understanding of converged technology, data management & protection, Public / Private / Hybrid Cloud
- Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office or later, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Keen to learn new technologies. Understanding of IT products favourable.
- High Literacy and Numeracy skills.
- Understanding of data centre technology from Hypervisor down
- Understanding of DC technologies, process & sales GTM
- Passion for Technology around new Innovation, capable to lead technology discussion without having to be the deep expert
Customer Focus and Ways of Working
- Each coworker is accountable for their actions and is required to exercise good judgment in everything they do. Part of that responsibility includes ensuring that you understand and live up to the values and standards we set for ourselves in the CDW Way, the CDW Way Code (our code of ethics and business conduct), the Information Management System (IMS), and all other policies and procedures relevant to your role.
- Each coworker has a responsibility to ask questions when they are unsure of CDW’s values, standards, and policies, and to act if they believe someone else is not acting consistently with those values, standards, and policies.
- Each coworker is responsible for maintaining customer focus and for periodically reviewing the Circle of Service Philosophy and the Quality Policy to understand CDW’s commitment to excellent client service and continual improvement. Coworkers must report any customer problems, feedback, service outages, and service improvement suggestions to management.
- Each coworker is required to comply with CDW’s policies relating to Information Security and Data protection, specifically to:
- Protect all information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction & interference
- Treat the security of all information assets according to their designated information security classification
- Ensure that they only access information assets that they are authorised to do so.
- Adhere to the procedure for reporting any security weakness or event
- Commit to, and participate in, personal development of information security awareness & knowledge
- Comply with all laws and contractual obligations regarding the protection of data