Description ABOUT CDW
CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada. A Fortune 500 company and member of the S&P 500 Index, CDW was founded in 1984 and employs approximately 14,600 coworkers.
CDW prides itself on being ‘People Who Get IT’ and ‘People who get People’. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and are grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes whom you will learn and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers in a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
The CDW’s Presales organisation is in place to collaborate with sales and to be responsible for delivering high value outcomes and experiences to our existing and prospective customers across a variety of technology growth pillars including Hybrid Platforms, Modern Workspace, Security and Digital Enablement.
The Presales function is made up predominantly of Business Development professionals (sales specialists) and various levels of Solution Architects (presales technical resource).
The role of Business Development Manager is focussed on the following core areas:
- Result driven sales overlay resource focussed on delivering successful financial metrics for the business.
- Create and execute on a SMART business plan that delivers against targets and KPI’s.
- Being a sales specialist in the specific technology, solution, services area of this role.
We are currently seeking an experienced, capable and driven Security Business Development Manager to join our Cisco Business Development Management Team. This role is responsible for maximizing revenue and GP growth by driving close partnerships both internally and externally and aligning with the Cisco Security Portfolio and CDW’s growth objectives. This will be supported with joint initiatives as per an agreed business plan.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Establish new and maintain relationships within CDW and externally within the client/prospect base to drive performance goals e.g., revenue/Profit contribution.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives/KPI’s.
- Work in close partnership with the internal CDW Sales and Specialist teams to identify new opportunities whilst driving proactive development of converged pipe/funnel.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for the partnership between Partner and Cisco including being knowledgeable about specific technologies across Partner and Cisco solving difficult marketing, sales and enablement processes.
- Own the execution of the business plan against defined milestones & metrics.
- Maintain and own any certifications requirements that support the vendor accreditation where relevant and required.
- Understand and promote all relevant programs and promotions to maximize the sales opportunity.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering successful sales growth performance – running a structured sales cycle from start to finish.
- An existing understanding in a sales security role or similar role with experience of understanding business and security challenges and selling solutions to a range of customers, within the Public Sector and from Mid-market to Enterprise scale.
- Experience of working in sales environments and contributing to sales proposals, bid responses and customer meetings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (articulate and engaging)
- Experience in building positive working relationships with internal and external customer.
- Strong planning, organisation and reporting skills.
- Desirable experience of working in or an understanding of the working as an overlay
- Commercial acumen with experience in demonstrating ROI / TCO to customers including cost modelling and business case assistance within CDW and our customers
- Ability to understand what is required at all stages of the sales cycle, from understanding the customer’s decision-making process whilst managing partner requirements (Cisco) for sales closure.
CUSTOMER FOCUS AND WAYS OF WORKING
- Proactive approach to building relationships
- Positive and energetic attitude
- Self-starter and ability to work independently acting on own initiative
- Desire to “do the right thing”
- Takes Personal Ownership of work and interactions
- Tenacity/persistence and an assertive mentality
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Competent on Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint
- Proactive in seeking personal improvement
- Agile approach to mobile working.
- Each coworker is accountable for their actions and is required to exercise good judgment in everything they do. Part of that responsibility includes ensuring that you understand and live up to the values and standards we set for ourselves in the CDW Way, the CDW Way Code (our code of ethics and business conduct), the Information Management System (IMS), and all other policies and procedures relevant to your role.
- Each coworker has a responsibility to ask questions when they are unsure of CDW’s values, standards, and policies, and to act if they believe someone else is not acting consistently with those values, standards, and policies.
- Each coworker is responsible for maintaining customer focus and for periodically reviewing the Circle of Service Philosophy and the Quality Policy to understand CDW’s commitment to excellent client service and continual improvement. Coworkers must report any customer problems, feedback, service outages, and service improvement suggestions to management.
- Each coworker is required to comply with CDW’s policies relating to Information Security and Data protection, specifically to:
- Protect all information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction & interference
- Treat the security of all information assets according to their designated information security classification
- Ensure that they only access information assets that they are authorised to do so.
- Adhere to the procedure for reporting any security weakness or event
- Commit to, and participate in, personal development of information security awareness & knowledge
- Comply with all laws and contractual obligations regarding the protection of data