CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies: from start-ups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
CDW prides itself on being ‘People Who Get IT’ and ‘People who get People’. Our relationships are fuelled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
The role of OnSite Engineer within CDW Field Service Engineering is to provide onsite services for BAU and various ad-hoc engagements. Deliver onsite services to a specific customer on one or multiple sites withing the contract.
The OnSite Engineer will Provision on-site basic hardware support, PC and Laptop imaging, Helpdesk, Desktop support, VC Support, Printer support, Installations, move and changes, and 1st / 2nd line support.
Be eligible for Security Clearance and adhere to CDW policies.
Flexibility - nationwide travel may be required
- Deliver On-Site services for a CDW client; Providing technical support for the End User Technology environment involving desktop computing and corporate IT services.
- Capable of working independently and remotely on a wide range of products; Required to perform on site installations and troubleshooting on a wide range of products in a software or hardware environment.
- Ability to follow documented procedures provided by either CDW or Customer; Ability to respond to changes in procedures even in circumstances where documentation has not been updated. Ability to make necessary changes to procedures and documentation for the benefit of the team as a whole.
- Committed to own personal development; Actively contributing to management appraisals and training. Seeking opportunities to grow and develop skill sets in accordance with own personal ambitions and organisational need.
- Good all-round understanding of hardware maintenance/break-fix
- A good theoretical and practical approach to diagnosing problems
- Ability to work independently on a wide range of products
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable skills and knowledge in relevant technology area
- College, University or Professional certifications
- Likely already holds one or more of:
- CompTIA A+/N+; MCDST; ITIL Foundation v4
- May have, or be studying towards, one or more of:
- Positive attitude and influence to others, a real ‘Team Player’
- Methodical and quality-minded with a right-first time approach to all work.
- Passionate, professional, with a ‘can-do’ attitude at all times
- Communicates honestly, openly, and consistently well showing attention to detail and remaining calm and patient when under pressure.
- Ability to recognise when to request support
- Works on own initiative, or as a team, towards agreed common goals.
- Open, honest, and approachable at all times.
- Flexible about working hours and work locations; prepared to travel.
- Punctual, reliable, and well presented
CUSTOMER FOCUS AND WAYS OF WORKING
- Each coworker is accountable for their actions and is required to exercise good judgment in everything they do. Part of that responsibility includes ensuring that you understand and live up to the values and standards we set for ourselves in the CDW Way, the CDW Way Code (our code of ethics and business conduct), the Information Management System (IMS), and all other policies and procedures relevant to your role.
- Each coworker has a responsibility to ask questions when they are unsure of CDW’s values, standards and policies, and to take action if they believe someone else is not acting consistently with those values, standards and policies.
- Each coworker is responsible for maintaining customer focus and for periodically reviewing the Circle of Service Philosophy and the Quality Policy to understand CDW’s commitment to excellent client service and continual improvement. Coworkers must report any customer problems, feedback, service outages, and service improvement suggestions to management.
- Each coworker is required to comply with CDW’s policies relating to Information Security and Data protection, specifically to:
- Protect all information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction & interference
- Treat the security of all information assets according to their designated information security classification
- Ensure that they only access information assets that they are authorised to do so.
- Adhere to the procedure for reporting any security weakness or event
- Commit to, and participate in, personal development of information security awareness & knowledge
- Comply with all laws and contractual obligations regarding the protection of data
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse CDW. CDW is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other status or characteristic protected by, state, or local laws.