Description ABOUT CDW
CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada. A Fortune 500 company and member of the S&P 500 Index, CDW was founded in 1984 and employs approximately 14,600 coworkers.
CDW prides itself on being ‘People Who Get IT’ and ‘People who get People’. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and are grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes whom you will learn and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers in a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
Project managing the onboarding of new or significantly changed Managed Services from Service Design, to handover to live Operational Service. Responsible for ensuring that assigned transition projects or activities are executed and completed adhering agreed time, quality, scope and costs parameters and that an appropriate level of governance is applied to maintain and manage risks, changes and issues.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Planning the Transition project and actively managing its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action (seeking advice or guidance as appropriate).
- Ensuring the delivery of new products or services into Operational Service is to the appropriate level of quality, on time in accordance with the project plan and project governance arrangements
- Managing communications with project stakeholders (internally and externally), reporting the progress of the project at regular intervals
- Managing Risks, Assumptions, Issues & Dependencies to a successful outcome
- Managing the transition scope, through effective change management throughout the project lifecycle, escalating and highlighting to relevant parties for resolution as necessary.
- Manage the expenditure within the Service Transition, ensuring all costs and times are recorded against products and services delivered
- Ensure Transition SOR is billed to recover transition revenues
- Adhering to CDW’s transition framework
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- ITIL v4 Foundation
- Prince 2 Practitioner
- Relevant Technical certifications are desirable
- Experience of working in a professional and structured manner in a commercial environment
- A demonstrable track record of managing transition projects within a commercial environment.
- Experience of leading effective cross-functional teams.
- Skilled at building relationships with internal and external stakeholders to respond effectively to business opportunities.
- Client facing, with demonstrable commercial experience.
- Experience of working with sales and technical resources to capture requirements.
- Experience of delivering IT transformational projects.
- Experience of managing 3rd party providers and sub-contractors.
CUSTOMER FOCUS AND WAYS OF WORKING
- Highly ambitious, credible, motivated, and accountable individual with an appreciation for building meaningful and lasting relationships, combined with a desire and ability to “win hearts and minds” - Confident yet humble in their approach
- Detail-oriented with strong time management skills combined with the capacity to work on multiple initiatives, as well as dynamically prioritise and pivot based on changing business needs
- Outstanding communications skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely present concepts and recommendations in verbal, written, and presentation formats to senior leaders, and cross-functional audiences
- Ability to allocate time to undertake personal development activities such as attending training, achieving certifications, and focusing on soft-skill development – always seeking to personally develop as an individual
- Each coworker is accountable for their actions and is required to exercise good judgment in everything they do. Part of that responsibility includes ensuring that you understand and live up to the values and standards we set for ourselves in the CDW Way, the CDW Way Code (our code of ethics and business conduct), the Information Management System (IMS), and all other policies and procedures relevant to your role.
- Each coworker has a responsibility to ask questions when they are unsure of CDW’s values, standards, and policies, and to act if they believe someone else is not acting consistently with those values, standards, and policies.
- Each coworker is responsible for maintaining customer focus and for periodically reviewing the Circle of Service Philosophy and the Quality Policy to understand CDW’s commitment to excellent client service and continual improvement. Coworkers must report any customer problems, feedback, service outages, and service improvement suggestions to management.
- Each coworker is required to comply with CDW’s policies relating to Information Security and Data protection, specifically to:
- Protect all information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction & interference
- Treat the security of all information assets according to their designated information security classification
- Ensure that they only access information assets that they are authorised to do so.
- Adhere to the procedure for reporting any security weakness or event
- Commit to, and participate in, personal development of information security awareness & knowledge
- Comply with all laws and contractual obligations regarding the protection of data