CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies: from start-ups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
CDW prides itself on being ‘People Who Get IT’ and ‘People who get People’. Our relationships are fuelled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
As a 2nd Line Application and Cloud Engineer, your primary responsibility is to provide technical support and assistance to customers or clients who are experiencing more complex technical issues. There is also a requirement to assist with cloud billing migrations.
Work alongside other 2nd Line Engineers and the 3rd Line resolver teams to investigate and resolve incidents affecting the supported platforms either due to detection by the monitoring toolset or upon notification of a fault through the Service Desk ticket logging process.
- Investigating and resolving technical issues escalated from 1st line support and providing end users with a technical solution.
- Collaborating with 3rd line support to resolve critical issues
- Required to follow a detailed process for the migration and execution of customer public cloud billing migrations to CDW.
- Maintain technical accreditations in line with catalogued services.
- Set up and complete scheduled tasks when required.
- Escalate and work with vendors when needed.
- Provide handovers to the following shift pattern
- Raise potential service issues with Problem and Incident Management.
- Recommend and deploy changes via the change management process when needed.
- Take part in shadowing activities and the facilitation of learning.
- Assist the Service Desk and Desk and 1st Line Engineers as required.
- Proactively maintain and develop knowledge, skills and experience through client contact, industry sources, formalised training and development plan.
- Provide technical assistance to the transition of new customers.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different
tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business
objectives of the organisation.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Essential knowledge in the following areas:
- Experience in a similar SLA-driven support role.
- Proven Customer service Skills.
- Industry recognised qualifications in relevant areas.
- Knowledge/experience in the following technologies:
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019
- Active Directory user and computer management
- File / Print Server
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft 365, including the following:
- Intune and Endpoint Management
- Exchange on-line
- SharePoint on-line
- Azure AD
- Microsoft Defender
Desirable knowledge in the following areas:
- Desired Certifications: Exam AZ-104 Microsoft Azure Administrator, Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals
- Microsoft Azure knowledge
- AWS Knowledge
- SCCM knowledge
- VMWare knowledge
- Security Clearance (SC) advantageous
- Experienced in ITIL best practices desirable. Ideally holding an ITIL Foundation certification
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to take ownership of and progress incidents to resolution or to identify when escalation is necessary
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to work in a team and to support team members
- Communication and interpersonal skills include listening, building rapport, and establishing empathy whilst demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues.
CUSTOMER FOCUS AND WAYS OF WORKING
- Each coworker is accountable for their actions and is required to exercise good judgment in everything they do. Part of that responsibility includes ensuring that you understand and live up to the values and standards we set for ourselves in the CDW Way, the CDW Way Code (our code of ethics and business conduct), the Information Management System (IMS), and all other policies and procedures relevant to your role.
- Each coworker has a responsibility to ask questions when they are unsure of CDW’s values, standards and policies, and to take action if they believe someone else is not acting consistently with those values, standards and policies.
- Each coworker is responsible for maintaining customer focus and for periodically reviewing the Circle of Service Philosophy and the Quality Policy to understand CDW’s commitment to excellent client service and continual improvement. Coworkers must report any customer problems, feedback, service outages, and service improvement suggestions to management.
- Each coworker is required to comply with CDW’s policies relating to Information Security and Data protection, specifically to:
- Protect all information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction & interference
- Treat the security of all information assets according to their designated information security classification
- Ensure that they only access information assets that they are authorised to do so.
- Adhere to the procedure for reporting any security weakness or event
- Commit to, and participate in, personal development of information security awareness & knowledge
- Comply with all laws and contractual obligations regarding the protection of data