CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies: from start-ups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
CDW prides itself on being ‘People Who Get IT’ and ‘People who get People’. Our relationships are fuelled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
Investigate and, where possible, the resolution of incidents affecting the supported platforms either as a result of detection by the remote monitoring toolset or upon notification of a fault through the Service Desk ticket logging process.
- Respond to incidents logged in the Incident Management system and provide end users with a technical solution covering some of the below areas:
- Incident Diagnostics and Assistance
- Log Monitoring and Analysis
- Rule base Auditing and Advisory
- Device Software Upgrades, Patches, and Bug Fixes
- Configuration Backup / Restore
- Rule base and Network Configuration Change Management
- Provide assistance to Team members and Analysts as required.
- Maintain technical accreditations in line with catalogued services.
- Set up and complete scheduled tasks when required.
- Escalate and work with vendors when required.
- Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader/Service Desk Delivery Manager /Service Delivery Managers.
- Escalate potential problem issues with Problem and Incident Management.
- Recommend and deploy changes via the change management process when required.
- Act as a role model for technical competence, helpfulness, facilitation of learning and teamwork. Provide assistance to Team members and Analysts as required.
- Proactively maintain and develop knowledge, skills and experience through client contact, industry sources, formalised training and development plan.
- Provide technical assistance to on-going projects and the transition of new customers when required.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Essential knowledge in the following areas:
- Experience in a similar SLA-driven support role.
- Industry-recognised qualifications in relevant areas.
- Proven Customer service Skills.
- Industry recognised qualifications in relevant areas.
- Cisco CCNA required as a minimum.
Desirable knowledge in the following areas:
- Fortinet Knowledge
- Cisco Knowledge (Wireless, SD-WAN, DNAC, ISE, ACI) preferably
- F5 Knowledge
- Checkpoint Knowledge
- Security Clearance (SC) advantageous
- Knowledge of ITIL change process
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Punctual and reliable
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual
- Ability to take ownership of and progress incidents to resolution or to identify when escalation is necessary
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a team and to support team members
- Communication and interpersonal skills include listening, building rapport, and establishing empathy whilst demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues calmly and politely.
CUSTOMER FOCUS AND WAYS OF WORKING
- Each coworker is accountable for their actions and is required to exercise good judgment in everything they do. Part of that responsibility includes ensuring that you understand and live up to the values and standards we set for ourselves in the CDW Way, the CDW Way Code (our code of ethics and business conduct), the Information Management System (IMS), and all other policies and procedures relevant to your role.
- Each coworker has a responsibility to ask questions when they are unsure of CDW’s values, standards and policies, and to take action if they believe someone else is not acting consistently with those values, standards and policies.
- Each coworker is responsible for maintaining customer focus and for periodically reviewing the Circle of Service Philosophy and the Quality Policy to understand CDW’s commitment to excellent client service and continual improvement. Coworkers must report any customer problems, feedback, service outages, and service improvement suggestions to management.
- Each coworker is required to comply with CDW’s policies relating to Information Security and Data protection, specifically to:
- Protect all information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction & interference
- Treat the security of all information assets according to their designated information security classification
- Ensure that they only access information assets that they are authorised to do so.
- Adhere to the procedure for reporting any security weakness or event
- Commit to, and participate in, personal development of information security awareness & knowledge
- Comply with all laws and contractual obligations regarding the protection of data
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse CDW. CDW is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other status or characteristic protected by, state, or local laws.