The Lead Advisor advises on complex processes, queries or issues to resolution, implementation of corporate policies, supporting Managers and coworkers by addressing root causes of issues.
- Provide commercially focused operational support to the business. Mediate and facilitate disputes working to reduce the number of formal cases.
- Prevention of employment tribunal claims through proactive coaching and development as well as review of business practices / best practice.
- Can hold grievance hearings or appeals / Conduct investigation depending on nature of matter
- Assisting in driving company-wide initiatives i.e. performance management, benefit strategies, merit reviews and organizational change.
- Promote talent philosophy throughout business unit to ensure that CDW is building capability, a bench for critical roles within business unit and focusing on future requirements.
- Propose policy and procedure changes / improvements to instil best business and leadership practices.
- Monitor, and review all company procedures train managers on policy/procedure usage and implementation.
- Create and maintain documentation and guides for Managers and coworkers to foster self service.
- To advise on and guide major TUPE programs, liaising with transferring organisations and management teams to ensure transfers are conducted within the legislative framework.
- Work in partnership with the Coworker Relations (ER) Manager to ensure alignment and consistency.
- Travel within the UK is required.
Knowledge & Experience
- Degree or equivalent CIPD qualification
- Min 5 years + HR generalist experience supporting employee populations 500+
- Employment Law knowledge and ability to translate this into commercially astute HR Advice.
- UK Case law knowledge
- Discipline, Grievance, Absence and TUPE experience
- Experience of leading projects and initiatives
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint)
- HRIS Experience (Workday desirable)
- Proactive, self-motivated and independent worker
- Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities/projects with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines and providing high quality work and service levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Team player
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to influence
- Ability to coach and develop people