Description ABOUT CDW
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies: from start-ups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small. CDW prides itself on being ‘People Who Get IT’ and ‘People who get People’. Our relationships are fuelled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.JOB SUMMARY
The role of Technical Consultant within CDW Professional Services is to consult, design, plan and implement complex technical projects. The Technical Consultant will also support the Sales and Solutions teams to provide technical expertise where required.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
o Low Level Designs o Statement of Works (SoW)
- Design and deliver implementation services across a wide range of clients and technologies.
- Acts as a mentor and technical escalation point in all areas where they are considered a subject matter expert, providing expert-level knowledge in respect to issue resolution, standards, design, best practice, delivering quality and reference target architectures
- Working collaboratively with Sales, Projects Practice, Pre-Sales, Customers and other parties as required
- Creation of technical documentation as and when required
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Involvement and running of project design workshops
- Presenting back technical documentation to customers
- Renew/upgrade required certifications
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that assigned projects are executed and completed within agreed time, quality, scope and costs parameters
- To assist in the design of Proof of Concept to support the delivery of a solution.
- To create/support the creation of test documentation and test scenarios
- Ensures personal and business objectives and set KPI targets are met or exceeded
- Proactively questions and evaluates existing systems, standards, documentation and procedures and makes recommendations for improvement.
QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- VMware (ESXi/vSphere/vCenter
- Cohesity (Data Platform/Data Protect/Smart Files)
- Pure (FlashArray)
- NetApp (AFF/Data Storage/E-Series/FAS/ONTAP/SnapCenter)
Nice to have:
- Veeam (Backup & Replication)
- Veritas (Backup Exec)
- Cisco (UCS)
List is not exhaustive, but indicative of the requirements.
ESSENTIAL / DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES
- Quality focused with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills · Ability to effectively manage own time.
- Ability to develop and build relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Works well as part of a team and can be self-motivated when required
- Continually looks for opportunities for self-improvement and innovation
- Be eligible for Security Clearance.
CUSTOMER FOCUS AND WAYS OF WORKING
- Each co-worker is accountable for their actions and is required to exercise good judgment in everything they do. Part of that responsibility includes ensuring that you understand and live up to the values and standards we set for ourselves in the CDW Way, the CDW Way Code (our code of ethics and business conduct), the Information Management System (IMS), and all other policies and procedures relevant to your role.
- Each co-worker has a responsibility to ask questions when they are unsure of CDW’s values, standards and policies, and to take action if they believe someone else is not acting consistently with those values, standards and policies
- Each co-worker is responsible for maintaining customer focus and for periodically reviewing the Circle of Service Philosophy and the Quality Policy to understand CDW’s commitment to excellent client service and continual improvement. Co-workers must report any customer problems, feedback, service outages, and service improvement suggestions to management
- Each co-worker is required to comply with CDW’s policies relating to Information Security and Data protection, specifically to:
o Protect all information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction & interference
o Treat the security of all information assets according to their designated information security classification
o Ensure that they only access information assets that they are authorised to do so
o Adhere to the procedure for reporting any security weakness or event
o Commit to, and participate in, personal development of information security awareness & knowledge o Comply with all laws and contractual obligations regarding the protection of data