Description ABOUT CDW
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies: from start-ups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.CDW prides itself on being ‘People Who Get IT’ and ‘People who get People’. Our relationships are fuelled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
This is a Field Service role requiring a resource to be located in the Tyne and Wear area. The role of a Field Services Engineer within CDW Field Service Engineering is to diagnose and repair technical issues on a variety of IT equipment including but not limited to Server, Storage and Data Centre Hardware, PCs, laptops, tablets, printers, peripherals and point of sales systems at various customer locations across the UK.
Additionally, The Field Services Engineer will be responsible for providing IT Hardware Support, for Installs Moves and Changes across customers sites
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Travel between a wide variety of customer sites in the Tyne and Wear region to provide IT Support Services to meet contractual requirements.
- Deliver Support Services, across IT equipment including but not limited to Server, Storage and Data Centre Hardware, PCs, laptops, tablets, printers, peripherals and point of sales systems at various customer locations in the Tyne and Wear region.
- Required to perform on site installations and troubleshooting on a wide range of products in a software or hardware environment.
- Obtain/maintain a set of vendor certifications as required by CDW to perform your role
- Follow documented procedures both CDW and Client supplied, and provide constructive feedback for continuous improvement
- Always adhere to safety and ESD precautions.
- Complete all relevant documentation and provide quality updates as required for each site visit in timely manner as set out by CDW.
- Expected to be available for working outside of business hours, and as required form part of the regional Out of hours 24/7 On Call Rota
- Providing to include CDW Onsite Contracts, along with Additional Services such as Installs, Moves, and Changes, Small Works and Projects.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in IT Operational Service Delivery with hands on experience with installing, troubleshooting, and fixing a variety of hardware devices including but not exhaustive Servers, Storage and Networks in a Data Centre Environment, End user computing, PCs, Laptops, Tablets, Printer & Peripherals
- The ability to install and configure software as per customer requirements
- To obtain and hold relevant and current vendor certifications such as Dell, Lenovo, IBM & HP.
- Good all-round understanding of hardware maintenance/break-fix
- Theoretical and practical approach to diagnosing problems
- Ability to work independently on a wide range of products
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence and be a confident driver
- Essential to obtain/ hold UK security clearances such as SC and NPPV 3 as required to attend CDWs external and varied customer base
- Quality focused with excellent attention to detail
- Methodical and quality-minded with a right-first time approach to all work.
- Passionate, professional, with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to recognise when to request support.
- Positive attitude, works on own initiative or as a team towards agreed common goals.
- Open, honest, and approachable.
- Flexible about working hours and work locations; prepared to travel.
- Punctual, reliable, and well presented.
- Results-oriented with a track record of success for achieving and exceeding goals
- Physical strength and dexterity to carry IT equipment and work in awkward or tight spaces
CUSTOMER FOCUS AND WAYS OF WORKING
- Each coworker is accountable for their actions and is required to exercise good judgment in everything they do. Part of that responsibility includes ensuring that you understand and live up to the values and standards we set for ourselves in the CDW Way, the CDW Way Code (our code of ethics and business conduct), the Information Management System (IMS), and all other policies and procedures relevant to your role.
- Each coworker has a responsibility to ask questions when they are unsure of CDW’s values, standards and policies, and to take action if they believe someone else is not acting consistently with those values, standards and policies.
- Each coworker is responsible for maintaining customer focus and for periodically reviewing the Circle of Service Philosophy and the Quality Policy to understand CDW’s commitment to excellent client service and continual improvement. Coworkers must report any customer problems, feedback, service outages, and service improvement suggestions to management.
- Each coworker is required to comply with CDW’s policies relating to Information Security and Data protection, specifically to:
- Protect all information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction & interference
- Treat the security of all information assets according to their designated information security classification
- Ensure that they only access information assets that they are authorised to do so.
- Adhere to the procedure for reporting any security weakness or event
- Commit to, and participate in, personal development of information security awareness & knowledge
- Comply with all laws and contractual obligations regarding the protection of data
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse CDW. CDW is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other status or characteristic protected by, state, or local laws.