Description ABOUT CDW
CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada. A Fortune 500 company and member of the S&P 500 Index, CDW was founded in 1984 and employs approximately 14,600 coworkers.
CDW prides itself on being ‘People Who Get IT’ and ‘People who get People’. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and are grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together.
At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes whom you will learn and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers in a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
Responsible for leading CDW’s Modern Workspace presales team which sits within the ITS organisation. This strategic leadership role will initially have individual contributors reporting into it but as the team evolves and grows, a management structure will likely form in the future. This role will be responsible for setting and managing the standards, directional plans and continuously driving improvement into the team for future business, team and personal growth. The Modern Workspace team is made up of Solution Specialists and Architects today (with growth ambitions of introducing specialist salespeople) with a primary goal of delivering exceptional business outcomes for our customers through the sale and delivery of market leading products and value-added solutions and services.
The core objectives of this role are:
- To create and execute on a performance identity which makes it clear on the teams current and future growth contributions aligned to CDW UK strategy. To continuously drive high performance and leadership in line with the performance metrics
- Create and execute on a business plan which is aligned to CDW’s business strategy and delivers profitable outcomes. Be confident and comfortable running a P&L aligned to annual business objectives
- To create, manage and deliver exceptional internal and external customer experiences and outcomes within the Modern Workspace portfolio and wider presales organisation whilst also driving profitable outcomes for CDW
- To clearly define the Modern Workspace go to market, which technology areas we focus on, how we go to market and how we continue to grow a positive P&L within this team in collaboration with other business units
- To work in partnership with various internal business units, supporting initiatives that drive improvements to the way we operate through process and platform initiatives, always demonstrating balanced flexibility and a passion to engage
- To create and evolve learning and development programmes with autonomy (in collaboration with other business units) ensuring co-workers are continuing to develop individually and in line with business objectives. Continue to iterate the process aligned with business and market changes
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Build the UK’s best Modern Workspace presales business by leading and developing this growth pillar (consisting of various technology and services areas including, but not limited to virtual workspaces, collaboration and productivity, identity, app delivery and management, print, IoT and surrounding technologies that provide the foundations for businesses to deliver their services)
- Proactively drive exceptional and consistent customer and seller experiences innovating our delivery model, drive increased opportunity win rates and customer up/cross sell through progressive and credible presales expertise – Always seeking to ‘raise the bar’
- Continue to evolve the business unit to ensure relevance and forward thinking – never standing still
- Deliver proactive and deliberate engagement with sales leadership, sellers, and the wider business to assess and support opportunities in various stages of flight (pre-sales through delivery) considering resource requirements and constraints
- Develop market insights and competitive intelligence in collaboration with the Presales leadership team, Office of the CTO, Partner Management, Marketing and Sales teams that aid in the development and success of the Modern Workspace team
- Host, attend and participate in internal, customer or partner events to showcase CDW’s capability
- Continuously assess and develop the Modern Workspace team and recruit the best talent into the team to drive towards CDW’s Mission Forward strategic objectives as well as always striving to improve standards
- Drive deliberate and exceptional collaboration across all presales business units delivering broad business outcomes for our customers
- Delivering and executing on strong coaching and performance management including but not limited to - 121 meetings with the team, monitoring performance, supporting development, and completing the co-worker life cycle process in line with CWS guidance (process TRP, IDP, PMP and nother initiatives)
CUSTOMER FOCUS AND WAYS OF WORKING
- Proven successful experience in the Information Technology market with a demonstrable track record of developing teams and individuals
- Experience with engaging SLT members to support growth, business and change initiatives and investments
- Demonstrable experienced in building and executing on successful and profitable business plans
- Experience in forging impactful business generating relationships will all levels of sales and sales leadership to build brand and profitable performance
- Demonstrable experience in delivering change initiatives in line with business strategy
- Proven C-level interaction, engagement and relationship management
- Demonstrable track record of creating and driving measurable revenue and profit growth and managing cost
- Strong understanding and experience of the sales and procurement lifecycle including negotiation, contracting, and the management of third parties
- Experience in building internal departmental brand
- Professional certifications (desirable) such as Sales, Business Administration or Leadership & Management qualifications
- Each coworker is accountable for their actions and is required to exercise good judgment in everything they do. Part of that responsibility includes ensuring that you understand and live up to the values and standards we set for ourselves in the CDW Way, the CDW Way Code (our code of ethics and business conduct), the Information Management System (IMS), and all other policies and procedures relevant to your role.
- Each coworker has a responsibility to ask questions when they are unsure of CDW’s values, standards, and policies, and to act if they believe someone else is not acting consistently with those values, standards, and policies.
- Each coworker is responsible for maintaining customer focus and for periodically reviewing the Circle of Service Philosophy and the Quality Policy to understand CDW’s commitment to excellent client service and continual improvement. Coworkers must report any customer problems, feedback, service outages, and service improvement suggestions to management.
- Each coworker is required to comply with CDW’s policies relating to Information Security and Data protection, specifically to:
- Protect all information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction & interference
- Treat the security of all information assets according to their designated information security classification
- Ensure that they only access information assets that they are authorised to do so.
- Adhere to the procedure for reporting any security weakness or event
- Commit to, and participate in, personal development of information security awareness & knowledge
- Comply with all laws and contractual obligations regarding the protection of data