Description ABOUT CDW
CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada. A Fortune 500 company and member of the S&P 500 Index, CDW was founded in 1984 and employs approximately 14,600 coworkers.
CDW prides itself on being ‘People Who Get IT’ and ‘People who get People’. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and are grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes whom you will learn and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers in a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
The CDW’s Presales organisation is in place to collaborate with sales and to be responsible for delivering high value outcomes and experiences to our existing and prospective customers across a variety of technology growth pillars including Hybrid Platform, Modern Workspace, Security and Digital Enablement.
The Presales function is made up predominantly of Business Development (sales specialists) and various levels of Solution Architect professionals (presales technical resource).
The Business Development Manager role will be aligned to the Digital Enablement team which focusses on IT Service Management, Enterprise Service Management, Service Value Management, Business Process Automation solutions and services. This Individual will support, cultivate and drive go-to-market strategy & engagement around the Digital Enablement portfolio such as ServiceNow, Hornbill, Automation Anywhere, and more.Digital Enablement is a strategic growth pillar for CDW, and success will be achieved by growing the Digital Enablement business, achieving specific objectives and delivering positive outcomes for CDW’s customer base.
Key responsibilities include:
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Proactively manage and nurture the existing relationships. Establish new relationships within Digital Enablement partners, CDW and externally within the client/prospect base
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives/KPI’s
- Work in close partnership with the internal CDW Sales and Overlay teams to identify new opportunities whilst driving proactive development of converged pipe/funnel
- Own the execution of the business plan against defined milestones & metrics
- Maintain and own any certifications requirements that support the vendor accreditation requirements
- Understand and promote all relevant programs and promotions to maximize the sales opportunity.
- Own and manage the associated product and services pipeline and forecast
- Demonstrable experience in delivering successful sales growth performance – running a structured sales cycle from start to finish
- An existing understanding of one or more of CDWs Digital Enablement partners such as ServiceNow, Automation Anywhere, UIPath, Hornbill, etc
- Experience of working in sales environments and contributing to sales proposals, bid responses and customer meetings
- Excellent interpersonal skills (articulate and engaging)
- Experience in building positive working relationships with internal and external customers
- Strong planning, organisation and reporting skills
CUSTOMER FOCUS AND WAYS OF WORKING
- Proactive approach to building relationships
- Positive and energetic attitude
- Self-starter and ability to work independently acting on own initiative
- Desire to “do the right thing”
- Takes Personal Ownership of work and interactions
- Tenacity/persistence and an assertive mentality
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Competent on Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint
- Proactive in seeking personal improvement
- Agile approach to mobile working.
- Consultative selling capability
- Each coworker is accountable for their actions and is required to exercise good judgment in everything they do. Part of that responsibility includes ensuring that you understand and live up to the values and standards we set for ourselves in the CDW Way, the CDW Way Code (our code of ethics and business conduct), the Information Management System (IMS), and all other policies and procedures relevant to your role.
- Each coworker has a responsibility to ask questions when they are unsure of CDW’s values, standards, and policies, and to act if they believe someone else is not acting consistently with those values, standards, and policies.
- Each coworker is responsible for maintaining customer focus and for periodically reviewing the Circle of Service Philosophy and the Quality Policy to understand CDW’s commitment to excellent client service and continual improvement. Coworkers must report any customer problems, feedback, service outages, and service improvement suggestions to management.
- Each coworker is required to comply with CDW’s policies relating to Information Security and Data protection, specifically to:
- Protect all information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction & interference
- Treat the security of all information information assets according to their designated information security classification
- Ensure that they only access information assets that they are authorised to do so.
- Adhere to the procedure for reporting any security weakness or event
- Commit to, and participate in, personal development of information security awareness & knowledge
- Comply with all laws and contractual obligations regarding the protection of data