Description ABOUT CDW
CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada. A Fortune 500 company and member of the S&P 500 Index, CDW was founded in 1984 and employs approximately 14,600 coworkers.
CDW prides itself on being ‘People Who Get IT’ and ‘People who get People’. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and are grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes whom you will learn and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers in a rapidly evolving technology landscape.JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for leading CDW’s established Hybrid Infrastructure sales specialist team which sits within the ITS organisation. The leader of this team will be responsible (in collaboration with hybrid infrastructure vendor sellers, partner management, our strategic vendors and sales) for creating, executing and managing the success of a broad hybrid infrastructure solutions business plan.
This sales specialist leadership role will have Business Development Managers and Business Development Executives reporting into it. Today, the datacentre team is made up of sales specialists who have a strong focus on CDW’s strategic hybrid infrastructure partners.
The roles primary focus is:
- To deliver success against a hybrid infrastructure sales target
- To deliver excellent internal and external customer experience whilst also delivering a profitable solutions and services business
- Align closely to our strategic partner’s goals and objectives where agreed and relevant
- Drive value added services where applicable and aligned to CDW’s and partner objectives
- To work in partnership with various internal business units, supporting initiatives that drive improvements to the way we operate through process and platform initiatives, always demonstrating balanced flexibility and a passion to engage
- To provide coaching and support to aid the teams personal and business development
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Continue to drive a large scale hybrid infrastructure/data centre business within CDW UK with an additional focus on mutually beneficial financial objectives between CDW and our strategic partners
- Proactively drive exceptional and consistent customer and seller experiences innovating our delivery model, drive increased opportunity win rates and customer up/cross sell through progressive and credible presales expertise – Always seeking to ‘raise the bar’
- Create and execute on a business plan which is aligned to CDW’s business strategy and delivers profitable outcomes. Be confident and comfortable running a P&L aligned to annual business objectives where needed
- Drive deliberate and exceptional collaboration across all presales business units delivering broad business outcomes for our customers where possible
- Continue to evolve the practice to ensure relevance and forward thinking – never standing still
- Proactively engage with sales leadership, sellers, and the wider business to assess and support opportunities in various stages of flight
- Host, attend and participate in internal, customer or partner events to showcase CDW’s capability
- Continuously develop the existing Hybrid Infrastructure Sales team and recruit the best talent into the team to drive towards CDW’s Mission Forward strategic objectives as well as always striving to improve standards
- Proven successful experience in the Information Technology market
- Proven C-level interaction, engagement and relationship management
- Proven track record of driving revenue and profit growth
- Strong understanding and experience of the procurement lifecycle including negotiation, contracting, and the management of third parties
- Experience in building internal departmental brand and engaging with multiple internal business units
CUSTOMER FOCUS AND WAYS OF WORKING
- Highly ambitious, credible, motivated, and accountable individual with an appreciation for building meaningful and lasting relationships, combined with a desire and ability to “win hearts and minds” - Confident yet humble in their approach
- Detail-oriented with strong time management skills combined with the capacity to lead and work on multiple initiatives, as well as dynamically prioritise and pivot based on changing business needs
- Outstanding communications skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely present concepts and recommendations in verbal, written, and presentation formats to customers, senior leaders, and cross-functional audiences
- High levels of industry-related knowledge with an insatiable thirst for new information relevant to the market
- Prepared for occasional travel between CDW UK & International offices as the role requires whilst maintaining a suitable home life balance
- Ability to allocate time to undertake personal development activities such as attending training, achieving certifications, and focusing on soft-skill development – always seeking to personally develop as an individual
- Each coworker is accountable for their actions and is required to exercise good judgment in everything they do. Part of that responsibility includes ensuring that you understand and live up to the values and standards we set for ourselves in the CDW Way, the CDW Way Code (our code of ethics and business conduct), the Information Management System (IMS), and all other policies and procedures relevant to your role.
- Each coworker has a responsibility to ask questions when they are unsure of CDW’s values, standards, and policies, and to act if they believe someone else is not acting consistently with those values, standards, and policies.
- Each coworker is responsible for maintaining customer focus and for periodically reviewing the Circle of Service Philosophy and the Quality Policy to understand CDW’s commitment to excellent client service and continual improvement. Coworkers must report any customer problems, feedback, service outages, and service improvement suggestions to management.
- Each coworker is required to comply with CDW’s policies relating to Information Security and Data protection, specifically to:
Comply with all laws and contractual obligations regarding the protection of data
- Protect all information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction & interference
- Treat the security of all information assets according to their designated information security classification
- Ensure that they only access information assets that they are authorised to do so.
- Adhere to the procedure for reporting any security weakness or event
- Commit to, and participate in, personal development of information security awareness & knowledge