Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
As our Site Engineer your focus will be providing technical support for the End User Technology environment involving desktop computing, infrastructure support, and corporate IT services (e.g. telephony, email, AD, etc.) within our IT Service delivery team.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver On-Site services for a CDW client. Providing technical support for the End User Technology environment involving desktop computing, infrastructure support, and corporate IT services.
- Capable of working independently and remotely on a wide range of products.
- Required to perform on site installations and troubleshooting on a wide range of products in a software or hardware environment. A driving licence is essential.
- Ability to follow documented procedures provided by either CDW or Customers.
- Ability to respond to changes in procedures even in circumstances where documentation has not been updated. Ability to make necessary changes to procedures and documentation for the benefit of the team as a whole.
- Committed to own personal development.
- Actively contributing to management appraisals and training. Seeking opportunities to grow and develop skill sets in accordance with own personal ambitions and organisational need.
- End user hardware support
- Infrastructure support – servers and networks
- PC and Laptop imaging
- Incident resolution and Service Request delivery - second line support in line with customer processes and SLAs
- Desktop support
- VC Support
- Printer support
- Installations, move and changes
- Implementing changes in line with customer CAB process
- Assisting with site-based project delivery activities
- Building relationships between IT and business teams
What you need to succeed:
- Full and Clean UK Drivers Licence
- Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, Azure, Defender, Intune, SCCM and Intune
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills in WAN/LAN/Desktop situation
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize issues on a case-by-case basis
- Project Management Skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience working in an ITIL based Service Desk
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Windows based technologies
- Hardware platforms including Lenovo & HP laptops & Cisco phones.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
- Education - GCSE or equivalent.
- Technical - CDW L1 / L2
Nice to have:
- Punctual, reliable and well presented
- Good organisation skills & time management
- Passionate, professional, with a ‘can-do’ attitude at all times
- Able to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound practical judgement, experience and common sense
- Able to build productive working relationships with local and remote personnel based on respect and good rapport
- Communicates honestly, openly, and consistently well showing attention to detail and remaining calm and patient when under pressure
- Possesses the physical stamina, drive, and perseverance to handle pressure well
- Willing and able to deal with problem situations on a daily basis
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Server +
- CompTIA Network +
- ITIL Foundation
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fuelled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.