CDW is committed to employment equality. If you need any adjustments to support your application or to access our facilities, please contact us.
Senior Service Transition Manager
Practice Lead, Transition
GLOBAL CAREER LEVEL
JOB FAMILY GROUP
Remote - Client visits up to 25% and frequent visits to CDW Offices likely.
A CAREER AT CDW
CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada. A Fortune 500 company and member of the S&P 500 Index, CDW was founded in 1984 and employs approximately 14,600 coworkers.
CDW prides itself on being ‘People Who Get IT’ and ‘People who get People’. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and are grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together.
At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes whom you will learn and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers in a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
Project managing the onboarding of new or significantly changed Managed Services from Service Design, to handover to live Operational Service.
Responsible for ensuring that assigned transition projects or activities are executed and completed adhering agreed time, quality, scope and costs parameters and that an appropriate level of governance is applied to maintain and manage risks, changes and issues.
• Planning the Transition project and actively managing its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action (seeking advice or guidance as appropriate).
• Ensuring the delivery of new products or services into Operational Service is to the appropriate level of quality, on time in accordance with the project plan and project governance arrangements
• Managing communications with project stakeholders (internally and externally), reporting the progress of the project at regular intervals
• Managing Risks, Assumptions, Issues & Dependencies to a successful outcome
• Managing the transition scope, through effective change management throughout the project lifecycle, escalating and highlighting to relevant parties for resolution as necessary.
• Manage the expenditure within the Service Transition, ensuring all costs and times are recorded against products and services delivered
• Ensure Transition SOR is billed to recover transition revenues
• Adhering to CDW’s transition framework
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
• ITIL v3 Foundation
• ITIL Transition
• Prince 2 Foundation & Practitioner
• Technical certifications are desirable
• Experience of working in a professional and structured manner in a commercial environment
• A demonstrable track record of managing large and technically complex transition projects within a commercial environment.
• A demonstrable track record of leading and mentoring individuals within their area of responsibility.
• Experience of leading effective cross-functional teams.
• Skilled at building relationships with internal and external stakeholders to respond effectively to business opportunities.
• Client facing, with demonstrable commercial experience.
• Experience of working with sales and technical resources to capture requirements.
• Experience of delivering IT transformational projects.
• Experience of managing 3rd party providers and sub-contractors.
• Highly ambitious, credible, motivated, and accountable individual with an appreciation for building meaningful and lasting relationships, combined with a desire and ability to “win hearts and minds” - Confident yet humble in their approach
• Detail-oriented with strong time management skills combined with the capacity to work on multiple initiatives, as well as dynamically prioritise and pivot based on changing business needs
• Outstanding communications skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely present concepts and recommendations in verbal, written, and presentation formats to senior leaders, and cross-functional audiences
• Ability to allocate time to undertake personal development activities such as attending training, achieving certifications, and focusing on soft-skill development – always seeking to personally develop as an individual
CUSTOMER FOCUS AND WAYS OF WORKING
• Comply with all laws and contractual obligations regarding the protection of data
File Name: CWS UK Job Description Template 2022 pg. 1 Owner: Coworker Services
Version: 1.0 Classification: Public