JOB TITLE: Warehouse Supervisor
SHIFT TIME: 08:00-16:30
WORKING PATTERN: Monday to Friday
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Team Leaders and Direct Team
RESPONSIBLE TO: Warehouse Operations Manager
You will be responsible for leading, directing and developing a team, identifying areas for process and training improvement.
Due to business growth, you will need to ensure the team are aligned and fully understand the expectations of their role and responsibilities.
Drive and lead engagement throughout the department. Responsible for positive change and ensuring accountability at all levels.
Be proactive with delivering CDW’s Leadership Model and encouraging the CDW Way through all practices.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- To maintain and increase quality across the aligned departments coupled with efficient and structured processes to drive continuous improvement.
- Establish accountability within the leadership team to ensure co-workers adhere to our standard operating procedures.
- Create a cohesive, self-sufficient team that will deal with all attributes of physical stock.
- Managing productivity, ensuring accuracy and quality control within department
- Responsible for the leadership, training and development of direct teams.
- Identify and deliver on projects/work streams, from the point of scoping to delivery. Collaborate through cross-functional engagement, stakeholder management whilst ensuring delivery to the required timescales, quality and cost.
- Responsible for creating operational reports, analysis with the use of created data, observations and recommendations to ensure that continuous improvement initiatives are encouraged and delivered.
- Build, maintain and review planning tools to drive productivity within all relative departments.
- Develop and drive good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including all operational departments, suppliers, supply chain management & customer services.
- Ensuring operational service level agreements are achieved and continuous improvement is driven across all 3 functions.
- Deliver and maintain daily operation in line with internal SLA’s and KPI’s
- Ensuring efficient lines of communication are maintained between team members, operational management, the customer, other internal departments and external suppliers.
- Implement and maintain effective QC functionality across all departments to deliver maximum performance and overall customer experience.
- Ensuring all suppliers adhere to CDWs supplier standards, manage non-conformance efficiently and facilitate value add improvements.
- Proactively maintaining and building relationships within CDW’s Supply Chain and external supply chains.
- Ensuring that all relevant risk assessments and SSOW are created and maintained for all areas of their responsibility.
- Excellent awareness of Health and Safety requirements within a warehouse/operations environment.
- Manage the daily running of the department.
- Understand the needs and requirements of all departments within the NDC.
- Communicate all relevant and purposeful information throughout the business as required.
- Develop the NDC processes so they are proactive, efficient and scalable
- Support and cover for absence and holiday for supervisory roles.
- Develop existing and new KPI’s to accurately measure the performance in all departmental areas
- Ensure the team adhere to published SLA agreement and develop the SLA as appropriate in line with company requirements
- To be continuously aware of the company health and safety policies including environmental, and to drive and deliver them at all times.
- Investigate and remedy issues when processes fail using analytical skills and strategic thinking multi-functional team player experienced in all aspects of warehousing and logistics.
- Responsible for the leadership, training and development of the teams
- Ensure daily processes and procedures are followed to ensure smooth, efficient and safe operating.
- Ensure daily routines are followed to maintain an exceptional high level of housekeeping.
- Communicate a handover effectively at the end of shift, to highlight any issues and information that may be required for the next shift.
- To complete and maintain 1 to 1’s within department
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of all Warehouse Operational roles.
- Experience in supplier management and SLA negotiation.
- Experience in leading and developing a team.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Performance KPIs.
- Ability to create, maintain and analyse data.
- Cost saving initiatives.
- Honest and hard-working
- Self-Motivated and proactive
- Attention to detail
- Proven record of reliability, responsibility and work ethic
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills – ability to liaise with personnel at all levels and adapt style accordingly.
- Capable of multi-tasking, efficiently managing time and resources
- Ability to work to challenging deadlines
- Have a desire for continuous development and improvement of self
- A receptive, approachable individual who can provide and receive feedback in an effective, impartial manner