Description ABOUT CDW
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies: from start-ups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
CDW prides itself on being ‘People Who Get IT’ and ‘People who get People’. Our relationships are fuelled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
Working in a team with other Solutions Specialists, the role is supporting the sales function to ensure opportunities are handled in the correct manner to facilitate a sale. There will be regular contact with internal Account Managers to ensure we are providing a good service for their clients and this may also require some client engagement dependant on the opportunity.
A typical engagement ranges from information gathering before moving the opportunity into the relevant SME teams queue, creating Bill of Materials based on the customers requirement and managing small projects whilst advising the client to ensure it meets their requirements.
It is also essential to maximise opportunities where possible and look to collaborate with other departments if there is a client need to add support in other areas, for example Managed Services or Professional Services.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Infrastructure technologies expertise – With an understanding of core DC technologies including servers, storage, virtualisation, backup, networking and IaaS, you will be responsible for working with CDW Sales teams and customers to qualify opportunities, understand requirements and define appropriate solutions
- Opportunity qualification – Working as part of a team managing the flow of opportunities, triaging and qualifying them with sales and customers before either handling them directly or passing them to the correct team
- Solution design - Production and verification of requirements documentation, estimates, BoMs and writing elements of proposals and high-level designs
- Commercial acumen – The role requires that you understand the commercial impact of the proposed solutions and assist customers and CDW’s sales teams in choosing the correct solution to meet budget and expectations
- Sales enablement - Assist CDW Sales people with technical guidance on a variety of products and solutions across a range of customer sizes and types and evangelise the team’s capabilities
- Internal collaboration – maximise and leverage CDW’s investment in Solutions Architects, Services BDMs, ServiceWorks cloud platform, and professional services resources.
- Client engagement - driving and evangelising CDW capabilities to our customer base. Differentiating CDW through its productised services, consulting capability and cloud expertise.
- Accreditation – Attain and maintain relevant accreditation(s) in key areas
Experience in either a channel-presales or a hands-on technical consulting/support role
Detailed knowledge and ideally relevant accreditation is required in 2 or more of the following technologies and one or more of the respective vendors for each (*highly desired):
- Server Platforms (Dell EMC, HPE or Cisco)
- Enterprise Storage Platforms (Dell EMC, HPE or Cisco)
- Enterprise Networking (Cisco, Meraki, Aruba)
- Modern Workspace (M365, Citrix)
- Virtualisation (VMware, Microsoft)
Any of the below would be additionally beneficial:
- HCI (Nutanix, VMware, Microsoft, Dell EMC, HPE)
- Backup (Veeam, Commvault, Veritas, Rubrik, Cohesity)
- Disaster Recovery (Zerto, Microsoft ASR, Veeam)
- IaaS (Azure, AWS)
- Microsoft Windows Server
Strong written and verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills
Ability to understand what is required at all stages of the sales cycle, from understanding the customer’s decision making process whilst managing vendor requirements for sales closure.
CUSTOMER FOCUS AND WAYS OF WORKING
- Passionate about technology and the impact it can have on business and our customers
- Articulate and credible
- Pragmatic and collaborative approach
- Quality and detail orientated
- Positive attitude and influence to others
- Fast learner and able to adapt to new technologies and keep abreast of current industry trends and practices
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Commercial aptitude to specify appropriate solutions
- Able to achieve potential, stay inspired and motivated
- Desire to retain the highest relevant levels of accreditation in the area of specialist focus
Comply with all laws and contractual obligations regarding the protection of data
- Each co-worker is accountable for their actions and is required to exercise good judgment in everything they do. Part of that responsibility includes ensuring that you understand and live up to the values and standards we set for ourselves in the CDW Way, the CDW Way Code (our code of ethics and business conduct), the Information Management System (IMS), and all other policies and procedures relevant to your role.
- Each co-worker has a responsibility to ask questions when they are unsure of CDW’s values, standards and policies, and to take action if they believe someone else is not acting consistently with those values, standards and policies.
- Each co-worker is responsible for maintaining customer focus and for periodically reviewing the Circle of Service Philosophy and the Quality Policy to understand CDW’s commitment to excellent client service and continual improvement. Co-workers must report any customer problems, feedback, service outages, and service improvement suggestions to management.
- Each co-worker is required to comply with CDW’s policies relating to Information Security and Data protection, specifically to:
- Protect all information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction & interference
- Treat the security of all information assets according to their designated information security classification
- Ensure that they only access information assets that they are authorised to do so.
- Adhere to the procedure for reporting any security weakness or event
- Commit to, and participate in, personal development of information security awareness & knowledge