Description ABOUT CDW
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies: from start-ups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
CDW prides itself on being ‘People Who Get IT’ and ‘People who get People’. Our relationships are fuelled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
The role of the Consultancy Manager within CDW’s Professional Services is responsible for ensuring and assuring high quality consultancy services to internal and external clients.
The role on behalf of a client and CDW, is ensuring that consultancy services within the practice are executed and successfully completed adhering agreed time, quality, scope and costs parameters and that an appropriate level of governance is applied to maintain and manage risks, changes and issues.
Ultimately, the Consultancy Manager is responsible for the leadership, development and management of their team consisting of Technical Consultants, Senior Technical Consultants, Principal Constants & Technical Delivery Managers as well as being the natural go-to contact internally for Sales, Pre-Sales, Bid Management and project teams having built strong relationships with each of these teams. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the current and future commercial success of their team, department and CDW, through effective management and forecasting of billable and productive utilisation of their team, continually ensuring co-workers are deployed on the most relevant work for their skill set, aspirations and location and that set individual, team and departmental KPI targets are met or exceeded.
- Develops, retains, attracts and actively encourages dedicated, highly motivated and highly skilled talent and works proactively to strike an agreed balance between internal, contract and partner resources.
- Prepares performance and training/development plans for team with regular reviews for all co-workers, where reviews consist of measurement against set objectives, highlighting training, shadowing and accreditation needs and a discussion about career aspirations and development.
- Develops and regularly maintains skills matrices, training plans, career aspirations and succession plans for all coworkers within practice.
- Acts as a mentor and general escalation point for all work carried out by their team seeking out mentoring, shadowing, training to support co-workers where needed.
- Promotes Professional Services with all client-facing co-workers to ensure there is an awareness of capability, success and value for the services provided within their team and department.
- Works closely to deliver the agreed strategic and cultural direction of the Head of Professional Services to support and general improvements to meet or exceed departmental KPIs.
- Accountable for embracing and enhancing CDW’s brand, and that of the wider ITS team, Professional Services department inside and outside of CDW.
- Stands in for the Head of Professional Services or other Consultancy Managers, if requested.
- Works with the wider CDW organisation and partners on pre-sales and pipeline opportunities, assisting with exploratory client discussions, estimating resource costs, preparing bid responses and peer reviewing proposals.
- Confident, skillful presenter of complex business, technical and implementation solutions to internal and external clients.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience of managing a highly successful technical team – preferably within Professional Services
- High level appreciation and understanding of technology
- A good commercial acumen
CUSTOMER FOCUS AND WAYS OF WORKING
- Highly ambitious, credible, motivated, and accountable individual with an appreciation for building meaningful and lasting relationships, combined with a desire and ability to “win hearts and minds” - Confident yet humble in their approach
- Detail-oriented with strong time management skills combined with the capacity to work on multiple initiatives, as well as dynamically prioritise and pivot based on changing business needs
- Outstanding communications skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely present concepts and recommendations in verbal, written, and presentation formats to senior leaders, and cross-functional audiences
- Ability to allocate time to undertake personal development activities such as attending training, achieving certifications, and focusing on soft-skill development – always seeking to personally develop as an individual
- Each coworker is accountable for their actions and is required to exercise good judgment in everything they do. Part of that responsibility includes ensuring that you understand and live up to the values and standards we set for ourselves in the CDW Way, the CDW Way Code (our code of ethics and business conduct), the Information Management System (IMS), and all other policies and procedures relevant to your role.
- Each coworker has a responsibility to ask questions when they are unsure of CDW’s values, standards and policies, and to take action if they believe someone else is not acting consistently with those values, standards and policies.
- Each coworker is responsible for maintaining customer focus and for periodically reviewing the Circle of Service Philosophy and the Quality Policy to understand CDW’s commitment to excellent client service and continual improvement. Coworkers must report any customer problems, feedback, service outages, and service improvement suggestions to management.
- Each coworker is required to comply with CDW’s policies relating to Information Security and Data protection, specifically to:
- Protect all information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction & interference
- Treat the security of all information assets according to their designated information security classification
- Ensure that they only access information assets that they are authorised to do so.
- Adhere to the procedure for reporting any security weakness or event
- Commit to, and participate in, personal development of information security awareness & knowledge
- Comply with all laws and contractual obligations regarding the protection of data