Description JOB TITLE:
Supply ChainRESPONSIBLE FOR:
Team Leader and Direct TeamRESPONSIBLE TO:
Warehouse Operations Manager Job Summary
You will be responsible for leading, directing and developing a team, identifying areas for process and training improvement.
Due to business growth you will need to ensure the team are aligned and fully understand the expectations of there role and responsibilities.
Drive and lead engagement throughout the department. Responsible for positive change and ensuring accountability at all levels.
Be proactive with delivering CDW’s Leadership Model and encouraging the CDW Way through all practices.MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- Responsible for the leadership, training and development of the team
- Identify and work on projects and work streams; from scoping to delivery and including cross-functional engagement and stakeholder management ensuring project delivery to required timescale, quality and cost
- Responsible for creating operational reports and analysis with the use of created data and observation to ensure that continuous improvement initiatives are encouraged and delivered.
- Build, maintain and review planning tools to drive productivity within department
- Develop and drive good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders with particular focus on suppliers, ensuring operational service levels are achieved and continuous improvement is driven.
- Deliver and maintain daily operation in line with internal SLA’s and KPI’s
- Managing productivity and ensuring accuracy and quality control within department
- Ensuring efficient lines of communication are maintained between team members, operational management, the customer, other internal departments and external suppliers
- Proactively maintaining and building relationships within CDW’s Supply Chain and external supply chains.
- Ensuring that all relevant risk assessments and SSOW are created and maintained for all areas of their responsibility.
- Excellent awareness of Health and Safety requirements within a warehouse/operations environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Manage the daily running of the department.
- Understand the needs and requirements of all departments within the NDC.
- Communicate all relevant and purposeful information throughout the business as required.
- Develop the NDC processes so they are proactive, efficient and scalable
- Support and cover for absence and holiday for supervisory roles.
- Develop existing and new KPI’s to accurately measure the performance in all departmental areas
- Ensure the team adhere to published SLA agreement and develop the SLA as appropriate in line with company requirements
- To be continuously aware of the company health and safety policies including environmental, and to drive and deliver them at all times.
- Investigate and remedy issues when processes fail using analytical skills and strategic thinking Multi-functional team player experienced in all aspects of warehousing and logistics.
- Responsible for the leadership, training and development of the teams
- Ensure daily processes and procedures are followed to ensure smooth, efficient and safe operating.
- Ensure daily routines are followed to maintain an exceptional high level of house keeping.
- Communicate a handover effectively at the end of shift, to highlight any issues and information that may be required for the next shift.
- To complete and maintain 1 to 1’s within department
- Knowledge of all Warehouse operational roles
- Experience in leading and developing a team
- Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Performance KPIs
- Ability to create, maintain and analyse data
- Cost saving initiatives
- Honest and hardworking
- Self-Motivated and proactive
- Attention to detail
- Proven record of reliability, responsibility and work ethic
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills – ability to liaise with personnel at all levels and adapt style accordingly.
- Capable of multi tasking, efficiently managing time and resources
- Ability to work to challenging deadlines
- Have a desire for continuous development and improvement of self
- A receptive, approachable individual who can provide and receive feedback in an effective, impartial manner