Bring your career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. With revenues of over £1 billion, CDW UK is a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to a broad range of commercial and public sector customers globally.
What you’ll do:
- Responding to BAU Security and Patch Management incidents logged on the incident management system to ensure incidents are resolved within SLA whilst providing help and support to the team
- Monitor, progress, and resolve incidents whilst ensuring customer satisfaction through proactive updates, frequent contact, and escalation where necessary.
- Provide a point of technical escalation and expertise.
- Provide technical assistance to on-going projects and the transition of new customers when required.
- Ensure all implemented solutions are backed up with documentation, training and expertise within the Service Desk and Support areas.
- Perform Daily, Weekly and Monthly scheduled tasks relating to Patching and AV management when required.
- Aid Team members, Service Teams and Customers as required.
- Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader /Service Delivery Manager.
- Escalate potential problem issues with Problem and Incident Management.
- Recommend and deploy changes via the change management process when required.
- Act as a role model for technical competence, helpfulness, facilitation of learning and teamwork.
- Actively seek to improve and grow own skill and knowledge base in appropriate areas.
- Proactively maintain and develop knowledge, skills and experience through client contact, industry sources, formalised training and development plan.
- Work with consultants to better understand issues and resolutions.
- Provide 24/7/365 remote support on a 4 on 4 off basis covering days and nights alternatively. Day shifts run from 09:00 to 21:00 and night shifts from 21:00 to 09:00.
What you need to succeed:
- Educated to GCSE level in Maths and English or equivalent.
- At least 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar SLA driven support role
- Good knowledge of IT platforms, equipment and applications.
- Proven Customer service Skills .
- Industry recognised qualifications in relevant areas.
- Knowledge / experience in the following technologies.
- Windows Server 2012/2012 R2/2016/2019
- Windows Workstation 10/11
- Patch Management
- SEPM and other mainstream AV solutions (e.g. Sophos, Kaspersky, etc.)
- Experience with troubleshooting (Event Viewer, Log Files, Command Prompt)
- Experience using PowerShell and PowerShell Scripts
- Basic networking experience
Nice to have:
- Security Clearance (SC) advantageous
- Any Industry recognized qualifications or certifications an advantage.
- Experienced in ITIL best practices desirable. Ideally holding an ITIL Foundation certification (V2 or V3).
- Backup and Restore (VMWare, Backup Exec, etc.) basics
- Experience with Solarwinds Patch Management product (N-Central)
- Knowledge and experience of PowerShell
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.