CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies: from start-ups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
CDW prides itself on being ‘People Who Get IT’ and ‘People who get People’. Our relationships are fuelled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
The role of a Principal Engineer/Wireless Technician within CDW Professional Services is to work with clients on assigned projects to deliver IT solutions, and when required provide advice and guidance on a proposed solution and assist with resolution where issues have occurred. On behalf of a client and CDW, takes responsibility for ensuring that assigned projects are executed and completed within agreed time, quality, scope, and costs parameters.
The Principal Engineer/Wireless Technician will be responsible for providing a wide range of services, including assuming the role site leader or project lead, network administration, server & storage configuration, troubleshooting, installing hardware and providing third line support.
- Provide input into maintaining existing systems, standards, documentation, and procedures and making recommendations for improvement.
- Accountable for embracing and enhancing CDW’s brand, and that of Operations and Professional Services, inside and outside of CDW.
- Work collaboratively with co-workers and leverage the capabilities and support from Solutions, Sales, third parties and other Professional Services resources
- Deliver commercial success while improving productivity and efficiency of technical implementations
- Adherence to governance policies whilst ensuring a high quality of work
- Supporting delivery of customer technical projects and solutions
- Attendance and input to project/programme closure and lesson learned meetings.
- Obtain/maintain a set of vendor certifications as required by CDW to perform your role
- Provide customer site network & systems support and temporary third-line support
- Acts a team leader on projects and manage smaller teams of junior resources
- Telecoms and server hardware installation with configuration
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in Data centre environments with server, storage and network equipment
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence
- Excellent communication skills
- Scoping and Delivering Predictive and Onsite Wireless Surveys
- Studying towards or Hold one or more of:
- CCT; CCNA; Ekahau ECSE, CWNP; CMNA; ACMA
- May have, or be studying towards, one or more of:
- SME (Subject Matter Expert) qualification in networking and wireless practices
- Highly enthusiastic and motivated to achieve commercial, CDW, departmental, team and personal goals and KPI targets are met or exceeded
- Quality focused with excellent attention to detail
- Methodical & analytically minded
- Experience and ability to develop and build relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Works well as part of a team and can be self-motivated when required
- Continually looks for opportunities for self-improvement and innovation
- Physical strength and dexterity to carry IT equipment and work in awkward or tight spaces
CUSTOMER FOCUS AND WAYS OF WORKING
- Each coworker is accountable for their actions and is required to exercise good judgment in everything they do. Part of that responsibility includes ensuring that you understand and live up to the values and standards we set for ourselves in the CDW Way, the CDW Way Code (our code of ethics and business conduct), the Information Management System (IMS), and all other policies and procedures relevant to your role.
- Each coworker has a responsibility to ask questions when they are unsure of CDW’s values, standards and policies, and to take action if they believe someone else is not acting consistently with those values, standards and policies.
- Each coworker is responsible for maintaining customer focus and for periodically reviewing the Circle of Service Philosophy and the Quality Policy to understand CDW’s commitment to excellent client service and continual improvement. Coworkers must report any customer problems, feedback, service outages, and service improvement suggestions to management.
- Each coworker is required to comply with CDW’s policies relating to Information Security and Data protection, specifically to:
- Protect all information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction & interference
- Treat the security of all information assets according to their designated information security classification
- Ensure that they only access information assets that they are authorised to do so.
- Adhere to the procedure for reporting any security weakness or event
- Commit to, and participate in, personal development of information security awareness & knowledge
- Comply with all laws and contractual obligations regarding the protection of data
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse CDW. CDW is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other status or characteristic protected by, state, or local laws.